Gods-Caerus

You hate that damned light.

The worst part of being in this room isn't the lack of food or water. It isn't the cold. It isn't the lack of freedom. It's the light. It messes with your perception of time and makes it hard to sleep. You wish so badly to smash it. You could, but in doing so, you'd be without light, and that's arguably worse.

It's been hours, you know that for sure. Maybe even a day. No one has come to the room to talk or give you food and water. It's just been you and Brooklyn. But she fell asleep a while ago, leaving you alone. You tried but couldn't sleep. Too much to think about.

What are your options?

There are none.

You're trapped in this place until the council decides they're sick of you. They don't show their faces. They don't come down from their spot atop the tower. They stay there, controlling the community and not being challenged. The only one that comes down won't even say his name. What are you going to do with a name now anyway?

You start tapping your head against the wall, frustrated. Your best option would just be to go for it. Any opportunity, even if it's not a good one, you take it. You're already dead if you don't. So, you're going to take the next opportunity that opens up. It'll end up paying off, or you'll be too dead to care.

You wonder if you'll ever see Clementine again. She's out there somewhere, surviving. If you get out, maybe you'll find her again and then... What then? You don't know what happens now. It's been six months, and the last time you saw her, you didn't really know what was going on. She kissed you, and you talked, but does any of that still stand after so long?

You stop tapping your head and close your eyes. Why would you go to her? If you find her, she'll just be dragged into your situation. You don't want that for her.

Unknown: Rise and shine.

He stands in the doorway now, watching you, a smile painted on his face. You reach over and shake Brooklyn's shoulder until she wakes up.

Brooklyn: What?

She yawns and rubs her eyes before she sees him.

Unknown: I hope you slept well.

Brooklyn: Fuck off.

She sits up, scooting a little closer to you.

You: What do you want?

Unknown: Just coming to check on ya.

You: Uh-huh.

Unknown: We've got some plans for today. It should be some fun.

Brooklyn: What are you going to do to Set and Nep?

Unknown: Kill them, duh.

Brooklyn: Were you ever going to give them a chance, or was your talk about trying out Oni just a lie too?

Unknown: What do you think?

Brooklyn: Why not sends off with them and then-

Unknown: We don't get a lot of entertainment anymore. One of the council suggested toying with you a little, so we obliged.

You: We're just your playthings now.

Unknown: No, a liability that we toyed with.

You could take him now if he stepped into the room, but he knows that. He's probably got guards outside waiting just in case.

Unknown: Ares. We are willing to give you a shot. Prove your loyalty to us, and we'll let you off the hook. You're new, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were manipulated by these traitors and coerced.