Gods-Tartarus

It's night now. Oni exits his room and heads for Athena and Ares's room. They knocked on his wall, so that could only mean they wanted to talk, right?

He raises his hand to knock, and the door opens before he can. Athena motions him inside, and he steps in quickly before he's seen.

Ares: Thanks for coming. We, uh... May have gotten off on the wrong foot yesterday.

Oni: You guys were just worried; I get it.

He does get it. He'd have done the same thing if he had to.

Athena: We're in.

Oni: That didn't take long.

Athena: We don't have long.

She walks past him and sits down on the edge of her bed. Ares stands a few feet to her side.

Oni: Is that all?

Ares: We're being sent out for a week. They don't want us having any communication with Set and Nep.

Athena: They don't want us making any plans either, so sending us out is a good way to keep us from doing that.

Oni: So we're on our own, is what you're saying.

Athena: Set is really good at plans. Talk to them, and the three of you can make a plan.

Ares: If we don't make it back in seven days for whatever reason, they will kill them, so you have to be prepared for that.

Oni: So we need to work around you not being privy to our plan.

Ares: Preferably. There's a chance we won't be here to hear the plan.

Athena: We're going out the south exit. We'll probably return from the south too. So if anything goes wrong, get out and come find us.

Oni: That's a lot easier said than done. We miss you, you don't know we ran, and they'll kill you just for showing back up.

Ares: Mhm.

This was complicated before. Anyway that Oni thought about it was hard. But he's sure they can do it. He has to do it. He can't stay here any longer. Not after that test. Not after he had to kill all thirty of the other participants. His life is nothing but a show for the council. He's being used as a puppet, and he hates it. He hated the slave work before, but he never thought that being a god had such a high cost.

Oni: We'll figure it out. If we don't meet you out there, we'll meet you here with a plan ready to go. By next week we'll be gone.

-

A few hours later...

There's a knock at the door. It's late, but Set and Nep stayed up later than usual, expecting Athena and Ares to show up. They'd gone to their room earlier, but no one answered, so they assumed the two were out. Then the hours passed, and they started to doubt they'd come.

Set opens the door, anxious to see his friends.

Set: It took you...

He trails off. It isn't who he was expecting or who he wished it would be.

Oni: I hope I'm not bothering you. I know it's late.

Oni looks from side to side, taking in the surroundings of the floor.

Oni: Can I come in?

Set: Sure.

Set is skeptical of Oni. Unsure of what he would want with them. He's barely said anything to anyone, and now he's showing up at their door unannounced like they're old friends.