Vengeful-Eight Days Later

Smoke rises from the school you left. You can still hear the screaming as they die or watch their loved ones being eaten alive. You did it to them without thinking twice. You let the walkers in, you killed their leader, you burned their supplies. All that matters is yourself. Everyone else be damned.

Eri: You know, Y/N. You didn't have to do that.

You: Yes, I did.

Grant: No, no, I agree with Eri. You didn't.

You: You weren't here. You were dead.

Dad: But we were.

You: Shut the hell up. I killed you.

Mom: You're a monster.

You: Fuck off!

Grant: It takes a special kind of crazy to do that shit.

You: I'm surviving! You don't know what it's like.

Dad: I do. How do you think I kept you alive?

You: I've kept myself alive! You... You just got everyone else killed.

Mom: Don't speak to your fat-

You: He's not here! Neither are you! This is a dream. I don't remember you here that day. I don't remember any of you here... You're in my head. Taunting me!

You grab Clementine's wrist as she shakes you awake. Your eyes are wide, your brain running a million scenarios of what's holding you and what will happen.

Clem: It's alright. Calm down.

You let her go and roll out of bed. Every night it's been the same. A nightmare of what you did to those people. But, it's different from what actually happened. Your family wasn't there, but they pop up at various places every night, adding their commentary full of judgment.

You: I'm sorry.

You're pacing, rubbing your face as you try to wake up.

You: I didn't mean to-

Clem: Hey, it's alright.

You run your hands through your hair.

Clem: You had that dream again. The one you've been having since we escaped.

You: Mm... How'd you know I was-

Clem: Because you wake me up. Most of the time, you stop making noise and moving around pretty quick, but tonight was different.

You: How do you know it's not the same as the ones I was having before?

Clem: I can tell you're having the same one over and over again. I've seen it taking its toll on you while we're out walking.

You pull back the curtains on the window and look at the street below. You're holed up in a two-story house at the edge of a small town, waiting for morning.

You: Where's Set?

Clem: You're going to change the subject?

You sigh and lean against the dresser across from the bed the two of you have commandeered.

Clem: He's out, looking for anything he can find.

You: He should be resting.

Clem: He does. A little.

You: Not enough. We need him, and if he gets himself killed, I don't know what we'll do.

Clem: I know where we are now, so we could get there without him.