Lying in Your Arms

5:03 AM

Levi paced up and down his office, his hands gripping onto his soft, black hair with panic as the clock ticked away above him.

TICK. TICK.

He could've sworn the ticking was louder than usual - or maybe he was just going insane, he thought.

His eyes felt somehow tight, his mouth a bitter dry as the clock carried on ticking.

TICK. TICK. TICK.

"When will the ticking shut up?" He hoarsely whispered to himself, glancing up at the clock with an almost manic expression, "Please.." He shakily began, "Just be.. quiet."

Breathing felt difficult, his eyes going redder as panic began to implode inside of him.

His eyebrows creased together, his body curled onto the floor infront of his desk in an up-right position.

His eyes were watery - he'd never felt more pathetic, more alone.

The ticking wouldn't end.

His hands clasped around his head, his shoulders shaking as he felt the water trickle down his now red-stained cheeks.

He didn't know why or when this had happened - he didn't have an excuse for his own feelings. Was he being selfish? Too self-involved?

"Please be quiet for a few moments.." He cried to himself, choking, his stomach cramping with distress, "Please. Please. Please."

His fingernails were already bitten down from previous panic attacks - how was he supposed to cope now?

He shook his head so harshly that it hurt his neck.

He desperately looked around the room for something that could distract him: desperately searching for something that could calm him down..

his eyes widened.

Your door knocked loudly, waking you up slowly from a deep sleep as you rubbed your eyes.

You glanced at the clock just a few centimetres away from you: 'Who the hell is knocking on my door this early in the morning?' You anxiously thought to yourself.

The knocking carried on.

You clenched your jaw, sweeping your feet off of your bed and wandering to the door.

Your nails dug into your palms, "Who is it?"

You heard a short sigh from the other side, "It's-.. Me, Levi. Can you open the door now?"

You smiled, laughing quietly, "Levi.. you almost gave me a heart attack, I thought you were a murderer or something.."
You opened your bedroom door as you saw just his silhouette infront of you, barely able to make out his features through the darkness.

You smiled, "What're you doing up? And why are you here? I was having a good sleep, y'know.."

He raised the cuff of his sleeve to his face, blinking heavily before beginning to speak, "Y/N- I'm sorry if I woke you at this time.. I just-.." He paused, whispering a short "Shit." Under his breath as you raised an eyebrow.

His voice sounded more 'croaky' than usual, more fatigued and drained. You tilted your head as he tried to contain his composure.

As your eyes slowly focused more you began to see the colours in his face a little clearer: especially the red in his eyes, and the stains down his cheeks.

You instantly placed your hand against his face, your finger damp from a tear that was streaming down his face.

Your eyes completely widened: now feeling panicked and distressed.
"Wait- Levi? What happened, are you o-?"

Your Captain shook his head, "No, just-... No." He swiftly interrupted your sentence, taking a slow breath in as you removed your hand from his cheek. His red eyes locked onto yours, "Yaeger. Can I sleep in here tonight? With you?"

Your eyes widened even more.

He took a small step back, obviously noticing your 'reluctance' as he put his hands infront of his body between you both.
"Eh.. I'm sorry. That was really weird of me to ask of you, I'll just go-"

However, before he could leave, you slipped your hand around his, holding his hands as you gave him a smile.
"It's fine." You nodded, "You can sleep in here, I don't mind." You answered him, not asking him any questions as you realised he would've refused to answer them and most likely left the room to avoid them.

He looked to the ground, closing your bedroom door as he stepped inside your room, "Thankyou.. I really appreciate this." He muttered to you under his breath, unable to smile as his lips hurt from frowning.

You led him over to your bed, still tightly holding onto his hand as you crawled back into under the covers, the sheets feeling crisp and cold against you as Levi laid beside you.

You swallowed, unable to relax: both from the shock of seeing him of all people so vulnerable, and because he was so close to you.

His eyes were a light, crimson red, his cheeks and nose a matching colour, his lips held a defeated, small frown. His raven hair was messy and laid untidy against your pillow and his cheekbones.

The Captain didn't say anything, just lay opposed to you, nothing touching eachover but your hands that were still clasped together as tightly as ever.

You both looked eachover in the eye, unsure on what to say - unsure on what to do.

His silver eyes slowly fluttered shut, his face leaning closer towards you as his lips pressed against your forehead.

"Goodnight.." He whispered under his breath as you nudged yourself closer to him, feeling him get more comfortable with you as his arms shifted: one of his muscular arms under your head like a pillow, the other hooked around your waist to hold you close to him.

"Goodnight.. Levi." You whispered back to him, your head laid on his chest as you both slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, laying in eachovers arms.