As Fast As a Second

Present ;

Levi's arms cased around yours, his breaths against your chest as your tears ran swiftly and thickly down your cheek, dripping down onto the dirt floor.

You cupped your fingers around the back of your fiancé's neck, letting out whimpers and cries as your brothers body become completely non-existent on the floor.

His silver eyes tightly closed, "I'm so sorry, Y/N.." He struggled to speak as different emotions filled his veins, "I'm so sorry.."

Your fingers tightened around his ebony hair, holding his figure as close against yours as you possibly could.

Levi's hand slowly travelled up your back, slightly beneath your shirt as you felt yourself turn a little calmer by his warm touch.

He clenched his sharp jaw, "Come on; I know it's difficult but we need to leave." He softly said to you, holding onto your hand as he helped pull you from the floor.

You wobbled on your feet, feeling his arm instantly wrap around your waist to hold you up.

His eyes were misty with guilt.

He stepped, forcing you to step with him: you struggled to concentrate..

you struggled to realise what was happening.

You struggled to believe that Zeke was gone.

You struggled to believe that you'd never see his face again: you'd never hear his voice, or listen to his laugh..

Whenever anyone would say his name, they would be referring to him as being villianous: instead of as the innocent boy who'd vowed to protect you.. that same boy who seemed to fade away with time.

From now on, you'd always hear your brothers name in past tense.

Hours Later ;

You felt your body fall from your titan, a shock filling your system as you gasped sharply for air.

You screamed before feeling yourself fall onto something soft, your figure tumbling onto soft sand and hay that broke your fall.

You gazed around yourself, curiosity filling you as you realised: the world seemed more populated than before..

Your eyes completely widened from shock as your hand slipped over your mouth, "A-Aha!"

You gasped out loud as you realised that there was no titan in sight, all replaced with confused yet joyous people as they cheered and held eachover tightly.

Your body was trembling, a stinging sensation coming from your hand as you gazed down at your palm, a dripping sensation greeting you back but-.. no steam.

Your body instantly shot up, calling out his name as loud as you could, "Levi! L-Levi!" You called his name at the top of your lungs, your eyes darting around the area to see where he was, wanting to tell him that you weren't going to live for just one year..

wanting to tell him that you could actually spend the rest of your lives together, just as you'd hoped.

"Levi!" You carried on calling out, waiting for that faithful 'Y/N' to answer you back when he heard you tell his name.

And, just as you'd hoped, you heard his brooding voice call you name in a matter of seconds.

"Y/N!" He hoarsely yelled back as a sudden smile brought to your face.

Your eyes darted to him from the distance, able to see his defeated figure sit against a large rock.
"Oh- Levi!"

You sprinted up to your fiancé with tearful eyes, practically jumping into his arms as he grunted with an uncomfortable tone.
His arm clasped around the back of your neck, forcing you to hold onto him tightly as he slowly breathed in.

"I'm glad you're okay.." He whispered against you, "So glad.."

You pushed him back, showing him the bleeding gash along your your palm. His eyes widened, quickly searching into his pocket for some sort of bandage or cloth to soak up the blood.
"Oh, shit-.. you're injured?" He muttered before you only smiled back.

"Yeah!" You beamed as his eyebrow raised, "I'm bleeding.. there's no steam!"

The man you loved eyes widened, unable to utter a word as a shock paralysed his expression. His fingers ran down your hand, accidentally smudging the crimson blood against your skin.

"You're-.." He paused, gulping hard, "Y/N.. you're okay." He weakly muttered as you traced your fingers beneath his eye, gently wiping the tears away, "I'm.. so happy, oh my god.."

You laughed out of relief as his hands held onto your waist, pulling you roughly against him.

He looked as if he was repressing the urge to say something, biting onto his tongue with a guilty expression.

You pulled his face close to yours by his jawline, kissing his lips roughly as you heard different people from the distance: cheering, crying, arguing, applauding.. an array of emotions painted for miles around.

His fingers traced the back of your neck, forcing your mouth to open as he deepened into the kiss, savouring your taste, feeling, emotions..

You pulled away as his lips made a 'pop', his eyes lazily half open.
"Come on!" You beamed at him excitedly as his happy expression slowly faded away into something more solemn, "We need to go see everyone!"

"Wait-.. Y/N."

"No, come on! There's no time to wait! We need to go find Pieck, and Reiner and-!"

"No.. Y/N." His voice turned colder as your hand slipped away from his with a sad expression. He looked at you with nothing but guilt, feeling your warm skin press against his once more as he became absorbed by your soft touch. "Y/N.." He softly spoke your name as shivers ran down your spine.

"Yes, Levi?" You grew more anxious as he looked at you with fear glaring back at you, "What is it?"

He parted his lips to speak, "I-.. I can't move."