The Embarrassment

Levi protectively placed his hand at the edge of your back, slowly pushing you behind him with wariness in eyes.

You could taste his nervousness; Zeke and Levi refused to stop glaring at eachover. You swallowed with anxiety, before raising your chin in attempt to overshadow your fear.

"Hey, Zeke." You offered a faint smile, "You.. wanna talk?"

He nodded with a lengthy sigh, "Yes: right now."

You nodded back, before tilting your head to gesture for him to follow you into your room.

Levi stood to the side, grabbing onto the cuff of your sleeve before whispering into your ear, "I'll be right outside, alright?" To which you answered him with a calm smile.

You pressed your hand to the door, opening it quietly with a worried sigh. Zeke closed the door behind him.

You both stood about two meters apart, neither of you sure what to say.

You gestured towards your bed: still untidy with the duvets unravelled and the pillows tossed to the floor, "Would you like to sit?"

"No, I'm fine." Your brother plainly responded.

You could hear the clock above your bed ticking: the sound rattling in your brain.

You watched his eyes drift around the room, becoming locked onto different objects; he didn't know that you'd moved into Levi's bedroom - no one did, apart from Hange and Onyankopon. They all still thought that you were staying in your old room down the hall, which stayed vacant yet still held certain belongings as if to prove that 'you were staying there'.

Only now was he realising that you'd been staying with Levi; your clothes in his open-door wardrobe; your shoes that had been carelessly tossed to his floor; the pyjamas you'd slept in that were neatly folded on his bed.

Zeke lowered his head, running his fingers through his blonde hair. He adjusted his glasses on the crook of his nose, wiping the lenses with his thumb.

"Can you remember," He finally broke the silence, your eyes lighting up, "When you first arrive here, and you were so adamant on the fact that you weren't going to stay with these devils?"

"Yes. I do."

"You yelled at my face when I asked you to stay with me in Paradis, telling me that you would rather die than stay. And, even though it was slightly irritating, I admired how dedicated you were to your friends in Marley - I thought that you were so strong for risking your life like that." He sighed, adjusting his jacket and coat, "I wanted to keep you here so that I could protect you, because you're my little sister and I love you.." You watched him shake his head, beginning to glare, "But now when I look at you, all I can think is how disgusted I am by you."

Your eyes widened. You felt your heart shatter into a million pieces; your lips tightened into a betrayed frown.

He stepped back away from you, his muscles tightening with frustration: "I always wondered what changed your mind about joining the enemies side: now I know the true reason."

"It wasn't like that."

"Then what was it like?"