Joint Interests?

Days passed as everything calmed down once again: Hange would ask you thousands of questions, or at least until you would find something to distract them from the uncomfortable topics.

You managed to talk things through with Onyankopon: although still being annoyed that he'd gotten so angry at Levi when you'd told him to stop, you couldn't blame him as he didn't know the situation at hand.

You heard a knock against your door as your body flinched, a creak soon following.

Your head perked, eyebrow raising as your boyfriend entered your bedroom.
"Hey," Levi began, carefully shutting the door behind himself as he glared over his shoulder to make sure no one was watching him enter, "Are you free for a few hours?"

You flashed him a small smile, "Yeah, sure. Why?" You tilted your head as he stood inbetween your legs after throwing a bag to the crook of your bedroom; his hand placed against your head, running his fingers down your jaw and cheek, "Do you have something planned?"

He shrugged his shoulders, stroking your cheek with his thumb, "Well-.. I don't know."

"What do you mean I don't know?"

He cleared his throat, his silver eyes averting to the side, "Well-.. I'm worried you'll think that it's boring.." He paused for a few more moments, "Or, more so, embarrassing."

Your lips eased into a smile, "I promise I won't make fun of you."

He parted his lips as if he was about to object, however, shook his head with a sigh before walking over to the bag he'd previously tossed to your floor.

He reached inside, pulling out a book with rose coloured packaging and crisp, cream pages. He swallowed, flickering through the pages as the breeze made his ebony hair sway to the side.

He placed it in your hands: gesturing for you to read the cover as your eyebrow perked with curiosity.

"A.. book?" You asked, tracing the front-image with index finger as he swallowed once again, "Do you want me to read it?"

He didn't respond for a few moments as you felt him sit beside you, his hand resting on your thigh.
"It's one of my favourites," He told you in his usual-brooding voice, juxtaposing with the imagery the book was illustrating, "It's a romance."

Your eyes instantly lit up as you recalled Jean telling you of the 'cringey-romance-books' Levi had hidden in his drawers.
"Oh.. I see!" You smiled warmly as his eyes widened, shocked by your instant excitement.

He felt himself smile, pushing your head down mockingly, "I didn't expect you to get so excited.." He awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his head, "Do you like the look of it?"

'No, not really.'
"Yeah! Looks like a good read."

You had to bite down on your tongue before you let out that you didn't want to read it, already being able to tell by the description on the back cover that it would make your eyebrows ache from cringing - however, you wanted him to feel comfortable coming to talk to you about his more private interests.

His eyes instantly lit up with excitement, before he pursed his lips together and straightened his joyous expression.
"Oh-.." He scoffed, his demeanour purposely shaking off his happy gaze, "Whatever.. yeah, that's cool, I suppose."

You laughed at his denial towards his own excitement of you liking one of the things he liked, before shoving you over to the bed.

He sat with his back against the bed-board, his legs parted as he gestured for you to lie with him. You placed yourself inbetween his thighs: the back of your head rested on his chest as he wrapped his muscular arms around your body.

He sighed against the back of your neck, flickering the pages infront of you with the book leant against your stomach, his eyes peering over your shoulder to read.

He sighed as you began to read, too, your eyes instantly cringing at the sentimental-cliché of the first sentence.

Time passed; hours felt like an eternity.

You were so bored you thought you could die: literally.

Levi turned the next page, a small hint of a smile forming against his soft lips as he read the first sentence.
"Hm.." He hummed.

You sighed, tracing your fingers delicately across his, hoping he could change the subject.

He traced the outline of the paper, "He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking."

Your eyes peered up at him, "That's beautiful. Where's it from?"

Levi turned his eyes back to the book, his genuine smile beginning to grow, "Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.." He paused for a few moments, resting his chin against your shoulder, "I love stuff like this. To be honest, before you I was never one to enjoy intimacy." He lowered his head, hiding it in the dent of your neck, "So, I started buying romantic novels and poetry to compensate for it, because that was the only way I could enjoy the idea of love."

You kissed him on the cheek, sweeping ebony hair away from his eyes and behind his ear, "You really are a romantic: I would've never expected that to you."

He lifted your hand, planting a kiss on the crook of your wrist, "But.. I don't know. I feel comfortable doing this sort of stuff around you: and I honestly can't explain why - believe me, I've tried to find an explanation." He kissed your skin softly again, "The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke: the God Of Small Things by Arundhati Roy." Your boyfriends body melted against yours, "But now I just read romance for enjoyment.. although, it's pretty embarrassing, so if you tell anyone I will kill you."

Your eyes rolled with a laugh, "Wow.. you're so kind."

He kissed you again as a response, before beginning to carry on reading. Your head turned to gaze at him, still tightly holding onto his hand.

You shifted your figure, placing gentle kisses against his lips as he softly inhaled. Your lips travelled from his, then slowly pressed against his cheeks and jawline, dragging his shirt from his collar to embrace the taste of his shoulders and collarbone.

Levi's eyebrows furrowed together, "Oi; oi.. Stop kissing me, I'm trying to read." He snapped as you sadly gazed at him.

Your lips twitched, "But, Levi.." You muttered in a tired tone, watching his eyes immediately widen, "I want you."

His grey eyes widened slightly. He practically threw the book to the side, grabbing hold of your hips and turning your body to face him, instantly bringing your lips against his as he tightly held onto the back of your neck.

You felt your lips ease into a loud laugh, his kisses covering your skin.

You giggled childishly inbetween kisses, feeling him talk against your neck, "I'm gonna tell you something, and you need to try not to gasp: okay?"

You raised an eyebrow, now unable to wipe off your smile as he held you close, "Okay."

He leaned closer, his nose resting in the crook of yours, "I want you, too."