ODM Gear, Part One

You waved to Hange and Onyankopon at the usual table, them giving you a simple smile smile back as you grabbed onto the cuff of Levi's sleeve, dragging him closer to talk to them.

He let out a quiet yet audible groan as you both sat down at the table, yourself chipperly grinning to your friends as they are breakfast infront of you.

"Morning!" You smiled.

"Well someone's in a good mood." Hange smirked, kicking Levi under the table as his body jerked beside you, his eyes widening with a frown, "Did something happen? 'you get lucky last night, Levi?"

Levi's frown grew larger as Hange snickered, "Shut it, Hange."

"Good morning, Y/N, Levi." Onyankopon interrupted before things could get intense, giving you a weak smile as he ate infront of you, "Did you both sleep well?"

Levi glanced at you from the corner of his eye as if readying himself to judge your answer.
You shrugged, "Just as good as we normally do." You gave him a plain response as Levi's face eased, "You guys got any plans today?"

Hange gave you a wide smile, talking with a mouth full of food, "Mhm. We're heading up to the market place. Do you two want to come with?"

"No." Levi shook his head before you could manage a response, "I'm helping Y/N with her ODM gear today. She's been living with us for months yet no ones bothered to teach her how to use it.."

Hange raised an eyebrow, "You're her Captain. Isn't it your job?"

"Shut it, four-eyes. I wasn't ordered to teach her shit."

"Thankyou both for that input." You rolled your eyes with a sigh, "It's fine; I'm a quick learner, it'll take me no time to learn it. It looks easy."

Your boyfriend nudged you in the shoulder, giving you a cold glare, "You're acting cocky now, but it's a lot harder than it looks. Not to mention the fact that you're about 10 too 20 meters in the air most of the time."

"You're so dramatic.. what are you, my mother?"

He scoffed, shaking his head, "You're so immature." He muttered, covering his mouth with his hand to hide his expression, "It's a wonder how someone like me would date a complete idiot like you, Yaeger."

You harshly pushed him as he smirked, Hange and Onyankopon nudging eachover on the opposite side of the table. They offered eachover a gentle smile, hearing you jokingly bicker together as Hange became unable to hide their smirk.

"You see?" Hange shrugged, "I did that."

Onyankopon's eyes rolled with a faint smile, shaking his head, "No, you didn't."

"Oh: shut it." The Commander frowned, earning a gentle laugh from the man, "I'm basically Cupid."

Later That Same Day ;

You strapped the velcro belts around your chest and shoulders, feeling Levi tighten it to make sure it was secure on your body.

He tapped his foot as you strung the ODM gear to your hips and waist, making a metallic noise against the sandy floor of the training grounds as you gave him a thumbs up.

He knocked his fist against the ODM gear.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked you, brushing his hands against your thighs with a concerned look, "I could just carry on carrying you around during missions if you're too scared. I honestly don't mind."

You laughed, "Why? If I get injured trying to use the ODM gear now it'll only take a few minutes to heal.. where's the harm?"

He scrunched his nose, "Still, it just makes me anxious watching you, that's all."

You gave him a half-hearted smile, shrugging your shoulders casually, "I'll be fine. There's no need to worry about me, Captain."

He rolled his eyes, grabbing hold of the straps that held the ODM gear, gently pulling you into a kiss.
You ran your fingers through his hair before pulling him back, "C'mon!" You complained, "Tell me what I need to do already: I want to get this out the way."

Levi sighed before holding himself behind you, placing his hands on yours as he guided them to your gear, explaining precisely what you needed to do.
"..here's the shift, and remember to always keep your hand on this when you're about to jump. It'll help with coordination."

You forced an awkward smile, "Yeah.. totally." You replied, having no idea what he was talking about as he guided you through it, "I understand what you're saying."

He slapped you on the back, his fingers running down your spine with a sinister smirk, "I'm glad. Now do it."

You gave him a toothy grin, "Okay!"
'..shit.'

He took a few steps back as you looked towards the hundreds of tall trees just a few meters ahead, your hands clasping around the gears as you felt your fingers shake against the cold metal.

You let out a beaming smile, pressing the first button you could get your fingers on before quickly feeling a jolt, your body repelling towards the trees.

You were aware that you were in the air, but whether you were doing it right or not was a completely different story.

You let out a sharp yelp as Levi groaned, rolling his eyes so far back you couldn't see his pupils.

He shook his head, wiping his forehead before hoarsely whispering, "Jesus.. she's so incompetent. She couldn't have just listened to me for two minutes?" Before running a few steps forward, his hands latching around your gear to go look for you.

You sighed, your ODM gear already completely broken and smashed as you sat on the top branch of a tall tree, guiltily looking around for your boyfriend.

Steam fogged your vision: each bone and muscle in your body throbbed in agony. Levi finally landed on the end of the branch, watching the amounts of steam leave both of your legs as you waved calmly.

"Hey, honey." You sang in pain as he took a few steps closer to you, his arms crossed over his muscular chest, "How's it hanging?"

"You're such a dumb-ass." His expression eased as he knelt in front of you, placing his hand on top of where the steam was erupting through your black uniform, the smoke slipping through his fingertips, "How did you get hurt?"

"I.. have no idea." You sadly admitted, admittedly disappointed in yourself, "The ODM gear slashed my legs and then the gear smashed when I swung into a tree."

"Y/N-.." He groaned your name, placing his hand on your face as the steam began to stop, "Please listen to me next time. This is exactly what I was worried about.. you're too careless just because you have a titan."

You gave him a smile to say that you were okay, "My wounds have healed already."

He frowned, shaking his head at you, "That's not my point."

"Fine.. I'm sorry, Levi."

His lips curled into a smile as he leaned closer, kissing you on the forehead, "That's better. Just listen to me next time, alright?" He placed his hand against your forehead, pushing your head down.