Questions and Questions ...

One Year Ago ;

Levi's back was leant against his doorframe, boredly smoking a bitter cigarette that stayed perched inbetween his lips.

The dents of his bedroom door made his back ache deeply.

Mikasa had already left to go to sleep, leaving him alone to keep an eye on you as you slept just a wall away from him in his bed. He sighed with boredom, smoke leaving his soft lips.

He pressed the palm of his hand to the handle, slightly opening the door to check if you were still there: the idea of 'Zeke and Eren's sister' attempting to escape was still prevalent in his mind, or worse, the idea of you attempting to attack him whilst his back was turned.

He sighed with relief as you stayed sleeping in his bed.

Your eyes were tightly shut, your cheeks swollen from crying previously. Your fingers were entwined with his blankets, tightly holding the soft material up to your chin as you shivered from the cold.

Your skin looked paler compared to when he'd seen you earlier.

Levi's slender eyebrows twitched together, unsure on where the draft was coming from before realising that left the top window (small enough that it would be impossible to escape from) open.

"Shit-.." The Captain murmured, clenching his jaw before reluctantly standing, cracking the door open a little more.

He reluctantly swallowed, before dusting off his clothes, stepping inside of his room as he carefully made sure to avoid any creaks from the floorboards.

He sighed slowly through his nose, hearing you toss and turn in a fitful nights sleep.

Levi leaned us knee up against the window-sill, his body shaking as he latched his fingers around the window to shut it sharply.

The noise made your body toss onto its side once more, the blanket shifting off of your body as your arms became covered in goosebumps.

An uncomfortable sigh fell from your lips as you shivered more harshly.

"Mmph.." Levi pouted his lips, his eyebrow raising before he hoped himself down off of the ledge, slowly moving his figure closer to you.

He swallowed with anxiety as he grew closer to you with each step. His chest felt tight; his breaths restricted.

His slender fingers latched around the blanket, bringing it back up to your neck. He watched as you relaxed with the warmth, his expression softening at the sight of a faint smile that seemed to be slowly forming against the edges of your lips.

"Hey, Levi?"

His entire body flinched, his head flickering up.

"Shit, Hange.." His ebony brows furrowed down his forehead, "You scared the life out of me."

The Commander smiled with a short chuckle, "Heh-.. Sorry."

He shook his head, his hand raising, "Quieten it: she's sleeping."

Hange's amber eyes slightly widened beneath their goggles.