"You're on Commander; you're on."

Days Later ;

"Do I have to go?" He asked you in his usual, monotone voice as you threw him his shirt, sitting down on the side of your bed.

"Mhm. You already agreed to go."

He scoffed, throwing the shirt over his broad shoulders and and neck, "I agreed to go out with them all when you were going, too. But now that someones bailed on me-!"

"I told you! I didn't realise how much work I needed to catch up on tonight.." You forced a gentle smile as he rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry, okay? But I promise that you'll have a good time, isn't Hange going to be there, too?"

He boredly sat beside you, is head slowly falling onto your shoulder.

"They said that they'd try to make it later on, but for the first couple of hours it's just going to be me and a load of boring 50 year old men who I've been trying to avoid at all costs.. they creep me the hell out."

"I thought that Jean and Armin were going."

"Jean is still fatigued from his last expedition and Armin, too, I told him that he should relax for the next few days."

You placed your hand against his, offering a him a warm smile, "That's kind of you."

"Kind?" You heard the older man clear his throat, shaking his head as he lowered his shoulders, "You might just about be the only person to call me that, you know.."

He gave you a glare as you cuddled up to his body, giving him a sad and guilty look that he could no longer stay angry with.

"Y/N.." He grumbled to you, attempting to push you away from him but your fingers lingered around his hips, "I'm not in the mood for you right now.. I'm still upset that you've deserted me. This was meant to be a big deal tonight.. believe it or not, I actually enjoy taking you out to stuff like this - even if it's boring, it's nice being able to show you off.."

"Levi, I'm sorry that I can't make it.." You softly replied in a gentle tone as he tried to nudge you away, his cheeks going a pale shade of pink as he tried to not give in, "Forgive me?"

"Fuck off."

"Levi.."

"No."

"Plea-"

"Oh my god, fine!" He snapped jokingly as you laughed, watching his silver eyes roll, "I forgive you.. Happy now?"

You didn't reply, just adjusting the collar of his grey shirt, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek, "You should wear this shirt more often; you look handsome."

He gave you a small, toothy smile, his fingers running over your thighs and gliding up to your waist as he pulled your figure close to his.

"Y'know," He paused, his eyes locking onto yours as your heart skipped a beat, "I might look even more handsome if I had you by my side throughout the night.. especially if you wore that dress- y'know, the red one?"

You pressed your fingers against his cheek, kissing his temple as he sighed against your neck, "I'm sorry."

"It was worth a go, I suppose: pray for me."

Hours passed, Levi sitting silently at the bar; he heard the sudden cackle of laughter behind him as older men laughed about something he couldn't bring himself to care about.

It was supposed to be a formal get together between different people in high command, however, after a while it turned into a game of how many shots Levi could get before the bartender would refuse to serve him any more.

Thankfully for him, the bartender didn't seem too fazed by his alcoholism.

The only other person there that he was acquainted with was Section Commander Pixis, however, he couldn't find the effort to talk to him.

The bartender rolled another shot of pure whiskey down the bar, not even having to ask him for another drink as his hand became once again clasped around the cold glass.

He swallowed it straight.

His face cringed, his suit-sleeve wiping his mouth as the taste burned his throat.

"Rough night?" The bartender chuckled under his breath, beginning to clean one of his glasses.

Levi offered him a glare as if to say 'could you tell?' '

The stranger shook his head with a weak smirk, "You should be careful, you've had a lot to drink. It'll end up catching up to you like that." He snapped his fingers.

Levi scoffed, rimming his index finger around the glass, "I have a surprisingly high alcohol tolerance - it'll take me about three times what I've drank so far to even get me tipsy."

"Hm, if you insist."

"Sorry, I'm not too late am I?" The Captain heard a familiar, androgynous voice call out, the door closing behind them.

"Ah, Hange Zoë. You've finally arrived." Pixis stood from his seat, giving the Commander a firm handshake before allowing them to go speak with Levi.

Levi's hand raised to greet them as they placed their body beside his, giving him a gentle smile.
"You look happy." They said sarcastically as his grey eyes rolled, "Not enjoying the party?"

Levi's head lowered, the bartender passing two more shots to either figure, "It's a pitiful excuse for a party. I honestly don't think I've ever heard conversations sadder in my life.. and that's saying something."

Hange chuckled as their hand clasped around the strong shot infront of them, gesturing for Levi to do the same, "Well, how about we try to liven the spirits?"

"Liven the spirits? Sometimes I don't know half the stuff that leaves your mouth.."

Hange nudged them with wide smile, "First person to get drunk wins?"

Levi's eyes rolled, lifting the shot to his lips with a bored expression, "You don't know what type of game you're playing with me here, Hange." He scoffed, unsure on whether they were joking or not, "You'll end up getting yourself sick if you try to drink more than me. High tolerance, remember?"

"Oh?" Hange's mouth opened, turning swiftly into a smirk, "Are you.. suggesting a competition?"

"That's the exact opposite of what I'm doing."

"What's that?" Hange sarcastically cupped their ear, sarcasm lingering in their tone, "Are you.. pussying out, Captain?"

His eyebrows furrowed together, "No. I'm not suggesting a competition, and I'm sure as hell am not wimping out of it either."

The bartender placed a shot infront of both, "Loser owes the winner £10."

"You're an idiot.. Just know that I'm not dealing with you when you get hungover tomorrow." Levi finally rolled his eyes, lacing his fingers around the glass, "You're on, Commander; you're on."