A Man Who Cheats

Your throat was in agony, aching with each loud cry that slipped from your mouth.

The previous hours ran through your head too quickly: like images from a flash camera that still hadn't came into focus.

Your heart ached for him, longing for some sort of explanation as to the things he couldn't deny.

Hangs'z hands held tightly around your waist, holding you close to their body as their warmth radiated onto you. Your fingers clung to their clothes, crying against their trousers as the corners of your lips ached deeply from constant tears.

They calmly stroked the side of your cheek, you both in a spooning position as you cried in their bed, feeling them sigh against your neck.

"Oh, Y/N.." They softly whispered to you, their palms running down your shoulders to calm you down, "I'm so sorry - that's so.. unlike Levi. I can't believe he would do that to you."

You were in more pain than you could remember being in for years, "I love him.. so much. How-.. How could Levi do this to me? Was I.. not good enough? Am I not enough for him?"

"It has nothing to do with you." They forced a comforting smile, pulling you closer to them as the scent of raspberries and sugar filled your nose, "It's because he's a man: and all men are vile. Pigs."

"Not Levi.." You turned your body as she flinched at the sight of you: your eyes a deep shade of crimson red and your cheeks puffy and swollen, "He's different, Hange - really! He's not like anyone I've ever met before.. I was going to spend the rest of my life with him.."

"Y/N.." Their caramel eyes widened, "Are you thinking about ending things with him?"

Your lips trembled more, "I should. I know that I should. But-.." Your voice cracked, more tears staining your face, "I'm so weak, Hange.."

They held onto you even tighter than before, hating the sight and sound of your tears, "No! You're not.. you're so strong. You don't need him right now.. just take a few days to think, alright? You can stay in my room all you like."

A few days passed you in a heartbeat: then soon an entire week.

You didn't speak to him; he wasn't allowed to speak to you. Hange would coldly tell him to leave the next few times he'd asked to speak with you, well aware that you craved your own personal space to think.

You didn't know what the future was anymore.

The days went slower without Levi: you didn't like it. You wondered what he was doing whilst he was away from you - maybe already making plans with Rico. The idea made you feel sick to the stomach and light to the head.

You couldn't draw the idea of them both together out of your head, wondering what the kiss was leading to and who leant in first..

You imagined Levi holding Rico the way he held you, fingers tracing her waist and lingering around her hips to pull her slender body closer against his. You thought of the sweet names Levi would call her whilst kissing her softly, not even caring that her lipstick had smudged against his lip.

You imagined the butterflies she must've felt in her stomach - the butterflies you'd never feel again..

Your eyes glanced down at the ring on your finger: you weren't sure if it was appropriate or not to still be wearing it.

'One year left.'

That was all you had - whether or not you loved Levi, you had to put your own happiness first..