Forgiveness

A few days passed as you cared for Levi, both of you resting and making up for the time you'd spent apart.

Levi entered Mess Hall, brushing his ebony hair away from his face with fresh bandages around his eye that he'd let you apply just moments before.

His eyes ran across the room, partially unsure on who he was looking for before running the description through his mind: female, black hair, grey eyes, pale skin.

His eyes finally landed on a woman who fitted the description, sighing anxiously before his cold demeanour returned, walking towards the table at the end in which she sat alone at.

He placed his hand against the table to get her attention as her head perked up.
"May I help you?"

"Are you Pieck?"

"Well, it depends on who's asking."

"Captain Levi Ackerman." He nodded his head before sitting opposite her without her permission, crossing one leg over the other with a cold glare in his eye, "You're friends with Y/N."

"Maybe, before she left ten months ag-"

"Don't give me that." His eyes rolled as Pieck's only widened, "You don't know the whole story on why she left and joined us."

She scoffed, "And who do you think you are?"

'Her boyfriend.'
"Her Captain." He responded, unsure on whether you would want him to say what your relationship was with him, "Believe me, I'm never usually one to care for dumb arguments such as these, but-.." He scratched the back of his head, "Mmph. Hear me out, alright? It won't take long for me to explain everything."

Pieck looked down at her lap, almost desperate for some sort of good excuse that could mean you could be as close as before you left again.
"Go on. You have my attention."

"I'll make it simple for you to understand." Levi cleared his throat anxiously, "You already know that Zeke had been joined with us for a while now now, correct? Well, ten months ago we invaded Marley; Gabi and Falco boarded our ship. Y/N tried to follow and save them, and in doing so got herself captured. That was the first time any of us had spoken to her."

"So.." Pieck guiltily looked down at her lap, "You.. captured her? Why? To torture her? That's cruel."

"No, not exactly. We already had the details we needed from Zeke and Yelena, and Zeke would not allow us to execute her and give her titan to someone else." He shook his head, "For the first few hours she was locked in the cellar of our ship until she'd calmed down, then after she was allowed to sleep in someone's bedroom for the night - she was told that if she tried to transform she would end up killing both of her brothers, as well as the two children. The doors were also all locked, and even if they weren't, she had no idea whereabouts she was, and no recollection of her way home. She truly was left with no other choice," He swallowed, "After that, she realised that she had not much other choice than to join us."

"I.. never realised that."

"I figured." The Captain let out a sigh, dusting off his shirt awkwardly, "She talked about you to me a lot, y'know. She said that she missed you, and that you are one of her closest friends. She told Zeke Yaeger that if she were to join us, she would refuse to fight against you, as well as any of the other shifters from Marley."

He watched as Pieck stayed quiet for a few moments, his eyebrow raised.

He didn't like her - he couldn't depict why, he just didn't. Maybe it was the way she was so quick to anger with you, or maybe he was just too protective over his girlfriend - but how could he help it?