5.02 Resentment

"Filth! Half-breeds, mutants, mudbloods begone from this place! How dare you befoul the place of my fathers?!" A shouting noise from the late Mrs. Black rings through the house.

"Oh no." I stand and turn to Ron and Hermione, "let me go fix it." I run down the stairs to hear Sirius.

"Blasted woman." Sirius huffs.

"Was that your—" I hear a voice I know too well. Harry is here.

"Mother yes. Dear old mum." Sirius sighs.

I stop taking steps down the stairs. I should be bursting at the seams to see Harry, but for some reason I can't seem to make my feet move. I'm nervous. After a few seconds I manage to get myself down the stairs.

"—It's been about the most useful thing I can do. Y/n has been begging to move headquarters to her manor, which would be good but Dumbledore insists we stay here." Sirius pats Harry's shoulder.

"Are you talking about me behind my back?" I joke, jumping down the last few steps.

"Never, my sweet goddaughter." Sirius winks at Harry, causing him to smile.

"Hi Harry." I beam.

"Oh uhh Hi Y/n." He beams back. I slowly walk towards him and wrap my arms around him. He is unsure at first but the reciprocates.

"Did you get my letter?" I mutter to him.

"Yes—" Harry responds.

"I'm sorry I couldn't write more, I really wished I could." I interrupt him.

"Well, uh..." Harry begins but then Sirius rips us apart.

"Y/n, let Harry say hello to everyone." Sirius puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry," I look up at him and he winks at me. I lightly shove my elbow into his stomach causing him to laugh.

"Harry!" Hermione yells as her and Ron come down the stairs. She throws himself on him in a large hug.

"Let the man breathe, Hermione." Ron says, causing her to release him.

"Oh, Harry! We've missed you! Are you furious with us, I bet you are!"

"Hermione!" Ron and I scold.

"Good to see you mate." Ron smiles. Harry seems awkwardly trying to be nice.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room." I half smile, leading them all upstairs. Once we make it to Ron's room, Harry puts his stuff on his bed. Ron sits down on his bed, Hermione next to him. I sit down on the floor.

"Sorry we haven't written Harry," Hermione breaks the silence, "but Dumbledore promised us not too."

"We wanted to, we really did but he thought it would get intercepted." Ron looks from Hermione to Harry. There is an awkward silence.

"Right." Harry looks at the ground.

"He thought you would be safest there." Ron responds.

"Yeah, real safe. Attacked by dementors, that's safe that is." Harry scoffs.

"Harry, please just meet us halfway." I beg.

"Oh, meet you halfway? You got to spend your whole summer with Sirius while I was stuck with Dursley's and dementors. You think that's fair?" Harry raises his voice.

"Oh yes my summer was lovely." I honestly say, "but to shame me for spending my summer with Sirius...my parents just died Harry I would give anything to spend my summer with them, like I thought I would!" I stand yelling. Harry looks taken aback, like he just realized his insensitivity. "Now I'll go take part in the meeting I'm supposed to be at. I was clearly misjudged how much we would want to see each other."