5.04 Baby Steps

Sorry it's taking me so long to get to Hogwarts. I've really enjoyed these chapters, and I think it's important to show Y/n's relationship with Sirius, status in the order, new relationship with Harry, and more to set up the story.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred and I are at the store picking out things for the party.

"Y/n can we move on from decorations? You already got so much Gryffindor and slytherin colored things." Fred rolls his eyes.

"Fine." I playfully shove the shopping cart into him. "Food and drinks?" I ask.

"Finally. I can buy some fire whiskey and butter beer." Fred cheers as we go over to the food section of the store.

"Ooo yes! Let's get fire whiskey!" I say and he turns to me smirking.

"You've tried fire whiskey? But you're not old enough." He teases.

"Sirius, over the summer." I say and he nods.

"Got a little rebel in you." Fred smirks as he grabs a few bottles of fire whiskey and butter beer off the shelf.

"I've always had rebel in me." I chuckle. "Just don't tell Hermione, I feel like she'd murder me. Also, I'm almost 16! And then only one more year."

"I'm excited to see drunk Y/n tonight." Fred chuckles.

"I'm excited to see drunk Fred tonight." I laugh back.

"Alright snake, let's get going and get ready for this party." Fred smirks.

Once we arrive back at Grimuald Place, Mrs. Weasley immediately takes the decorations, food, and drinks and begins decorating.

"You two go get dressed alright, I know the others are getting ready." She hurries us.

"Geez mom, it's just a celebration for prefects, how many people did you invite?" Fred asks and I shove an elbow into him.

"Well, I invited the whole Order of course! They are all very proud of you." She grins.

"It will be lovely Mrs. Weasley." I smile and drag Fred up the stairs. 

"Oooo forceful, I like it." Fred jokes and I roll my eyes.

"Oh Fred." I climb up the stairs.

"Want me to continue?" He taunts as we pass Hermione and ginny's room. "Put something nice on, and I'll show you a good time." He winks. "Promise me one dance, come on please."

I begin laughing hysterically, but the laughter dies when Harry and Ron peak out their door.

"I was wondering what the clamor was." Ron walks out of their room.

"Nothing Ronniekins, just trying to get this slippery one to give me one date." Fred chuckles.

"Oh please." I roll my eyes.

"Well, you two best be getting ready." Harry sternly says as he comes out too.

"You're right." Fred clears his throat. "See you downstairs soon, milady."

"Bye Fred." I laugh as he goes to his room. I turn to look at Ron and Harry before me. "Well, I better go put on a dress or something." I weakly smile.

"See you soon, Y/n." Ron reciprocates.

I walk up to my room and change into a short, black cocktail dress, that's the style of event. Once I change and put my makeup on, I decide to finally exit my room. I make my way downstairs and finally enter the dining room where the party is. I walk in to see everyone chatting and laughing. I see the table is completely covered with the treats we bought , and twinkling orbs of silver, emerald, red, and gold light up the ceiling.