2.8 Malfoy the Heir

I wake up to see Draco waiting in the common room, he looks to me as soon as I walk into the room.

"Hey, Y/n. I'm sorry we aren't going home for Christmas." He tells me.

"Yeah well, seems like both of our parents wanted to stay in Paris." I state starting to walk away.

"Wait!" He shouts and I turn around. "Can I see you later, to give you your Christmas gift?" He asks me. I turn red because I forgot to get him something. The quartet agreed no gifts this year, so all I asked my parents for was a gift for Mel. Truth is, Draco and I haven't been as close, like it always happens. I get caught up with my lions and he had his goons. Quidditch kept us around each other but most of the time it was small talk.

"Oh um of course Draco, we'll exchange later." I smile and walk off again.

"Y/n!" He shouts again causing me to turn around. "Thanks." He gives a rare smile and I make my way to the great hall. I meet up with the Trio in the dining hall. I look around, loving the Christmas decorations. I sit down next to them at the Gryffindor table, a rare green dot among a sea of red. Fassy, my eagle owl, flies down to deliver me some gifts. I look at some books, clothes, and a few smaller gifts from my parents, and a broom polishing kit from the Malfoy's. I get another gift, wrapped, which I know is a plant for my Herbology loving sister Mel. Last is a green gift with silver ribbon, it says to Draco from Y/n. Well I guess my parents love for Draco came in handy. I say goodbye to my friends and leave Mel's box with her Hufflepuff friend, Hannah. I quickly return to my friends and they lean in to talk in secret.

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." I tell them.

"Crabbe and Goyle." Harry sighs.

"We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." Hermione points out

"How?" Ron asks.

"I've got it all worked out. I filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs, and put on their uniforms." Hermione explains to us.

"Whose hair are you two ripping out then?" Ron questions.

"I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode, I got this off her robes during Dueling Club. I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these." She tells us, handing the 'sweets' and leaves.

"I took one of Pansy's hairs off of her brush, I'll tell him I returned, and it's better that I don't show up as Y/n Opes, he might keep things from me." I tell them and they nod. "Let's go, I'll get Crabbe and Goyle to the closet. Harry and Ron run off as I try to grab the boys from their master.

"Crabbe, Goyle, can I talk to you two?" I ask as Crabbe blushes and nods as Draco looks up to me. "Well actually just you two, come on." I say as Draco slouches and lets them go. I walk them near the closet. "I have to use the restroom, wait for me?" I ask and they nod. I run behind and find Harry and Ron floating the treats towards them. The boys immediately gobble them up. We drag their sleeping bodies into the broom cupboard. "Okay boys, get your hairs." I tell them as Harry takes Goyle and Ron takes Crabbe, we run to the bathroom and find Hermione at our potion in one of the stalls.

"We'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves... Add the hairs." She tells us handing each a vile. All of our potions change colors, murky colors. We separate into our own stalls and drink it.

"Ugh- essence of Crabbe." Ron states, smelling the potion.

"Cheers!" Hermione says, I assume she drank it.