4.1 The Goblet of Fire

Holiday is amazing, I have been practicing the Patronus Charm as Dumbledore wished. I have really been trying to perfect it, and I have it down. Here's what happened when I got it.

"Okay happy thoughts, a bright memory." I recite to myself. I breathe to calm down and focus on a memory. My brain searches through many happy ones, until it settles. Hogsmede. Just Hogsmede, the time with Draco, the time with Harry, Hermione and Ron, the feeling of butterbeer, the Slytherin table, just the care-free manner of the whole thing. T first, I don't believe this is a strong enough memory. Patronuses need strong happy thoughts to fill your mind, and them, but then it hit me.

It is strong enough. Thinking of school, and these people, and those outings is the strongest. Those were the first and only days I forgot about Voldemort, about my powers, about someone trying to take me, even about my father until it was brought up. It is a time where I feel at peace, and those memories are the strongest. I hope I have strong ones again soon, but the peace is what will make the Patronus work.

I sit down, concentrate on the spell. "Expecto Patronum." I wave my wand and nothing happens. "Expecto Patronum." I try again, a white light comes out, but no Corporeal Patronus. "Expecto Patronum." I think harder on that peace, more white comes out.

I breathe in and out, in and out, calming my mind, focusing on the peace and oneness of my friends, of Hogsmede, of Draco, of Harry, of my house. "Expecto Patronum!" I shout and open my eyes to see my corporeal patronus.

 "Expecto Patronum!" I shout and open my eyes to see my corporeal patronus

A Hippogriff flies around the room, happily. I begin confused but then I think about the reflection of the soul in the patronus. Hippogriff's are strong creatures, proud creatures, independent, fiercely loyal, intelligent, unique. They hate waiting for people to catch up with them, they are in their own world, they don't trust easily, but when they do it's amazing. I am all of those things. It all makes sense. Gain a little self confidence when you realize that you, Y/n Opes, are all of these things.

My father has communicated, as well as Sirius through patronus and I have responded. Even my mother doesn't know about this. My mother doesn't even know the truth about him, it was too much of a risk to tell her according to Dumbledore. She has been non stop working at the ministry, and Melis was sent to America this summer instead of me. I have been home, alone the entire summer, practicing my magic.

"Miss Opes! Miss Opes!"Avoy, my house elf, comes running into the room. "There is someone here for you by the name of Draco Malfoy, do you accept him?" He asks me.

"Oh, why yes, yes of course. I'll meet him in the living room. Would you mind making some tea?" I ask the house elf and he apparates into the kitchen. I walk by the mirror to check myself. I am wearing jeans, a tight green shirt, and a jean jacket. I haven't seen Draco the entire holiday...so I quickly rush down the stairs to see him waiting there, staring at me.

"Draco!" I yell and he smiles back.

"Hello darling." He grins.

"Darling?" I ask him confused.