4.14 The Yule Ball Pt. 1

Luckily, I'm the only one getting ready for the ball when the time comes. Since I have to be there early, all the other girls are gossiping and putting on gowns, so I have the bathroom to myself for makeup.  I put some on, it's not awful, but it's not great. I'm 15, I don't wear make up often, so it's not like I can do anything special besides some foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, and mascara. Then I put on the dress that I found.

I put on my dress, slip on my black shoes, with my snake necklace and earrings of course, and scurry out of the girls room

I put on my dress, slip on my black shoes, with my snake necklace and earrings of course, and scurry out of the girls room. I really don't feel like seeing them. I then make my way down the stairs and into the common room. No ones there, so I decide to sit down on the black leather couch and wait for Draco. It takes about 5 minutes for him to finally walk up from his dormitories. I stand up and look at him. He's in an all white shirt, and bow tie, with a wonderful black coat. He looks gorgeous, not that I would expect anything less. He seems a bit confused, and didn't notice me. Granted, the exit of his room faces away from where I was sitting.

"Making me wait isn't the best start to the night." I joke. Draco then turns around and I can see his mouth slightly drop. He then rushes over to me.

"Forgive me madam." Draco smirks, then gently taking my hand and pecking it. "Shall we?" Draco asks, extending his arm and I gladly take it.

~Draco's POV~

I hold my arm out for Y/n to take. She accepts with a grin and we begin to walk towards the ballroom. I look at her, and her amazing dress. I was truly awestruck when I saw Y/n.

"You look beautiful, Y/n." I smile down at her and she blushes.

"Why thank you Draco, you look pretty dashing yourself." She responds and I hold my head a little higher. We begin to converse about everything until we finally make it to the ballroom. I see Krum down the stairs. I wave to him and begin to make my way down when Y/n doesn't follow.

"It's alright, I just need to use the restroom. Get in line Draco. I'll be right with you." She gives me a weak smile then hurries off. I walking slightly down to meet the other champions.

"Hello Krum. Nice to see you, but I am just wondering where your date is?" I ask him and he laughs a bit to himself.

"She will be here, do not fret Malfoy." Krum replies. "Actually, I should be meeting her in a few minutes." He smiles then leaves me. Great, I can't be alone here, waiting at the top of the stairs for Y/n. I couldn't let her walk the whole way alone. I look down to see Potter and smirk. He will be surprised, and angry when he realizes I won. Man this will be fun.

~Y/n's POV~

I quickly rush to the bathroom, my nerves are starting to kick in. I place my hands firmly on the sides of the sink and take a few deep breathes. It's alright, I try to tell myself, you look great, you're with the guy you've been crushing on for years, you are a trained dancer, nothing to worry about. I repeat that mantra in my head for a few moments until I sigh and make my way out of the restroom. People are flooding every corner and crevice of the room.

"When did all of these people get here?" I mutter and hear a soft voice behind me.

"I was beginning to worry, you were in there for 15 minutes." Draco chuckles as I take a deep breathe.

"It's alright, thank you though." I sigh.

"Ready now?" He asks me.

"Of course." I smile weakly.

"I do not know how many times I need to say this. You look stunning, obviously. You'll steal the whole show." Draco explains and I blush. Draco really thinks I am pretty.

I take another deep breathe as we head to the top of the stairs and begin our decent. I look down at the sea of people and spot Harry, with Padma Patil. I wasn't expecting him to take her. Suddenly my gaze turns towards Harry, standing there awkwardly and I laugh quietly. I then notice that as we walk down the stairs, people are whispering and pointing.

"Not obvious at all!" I retort and they all stop their shenanigans.

"There she is," Draco laughs. "Was beginning to think I lost Y/n for a second." He jokes.

"Don't worry, I am truly fine. Everything is perfect." I beam as we continue to make our way down the stairs.

~Harry's POV~

I am waiting here with Padma, not really who I wanted to take, but I really ran out of time. By the time I got to Cho, she had already said yes to Cedric, and that cut me deeply. I glance their way to see Cedric and Cho smiling and shaking the hands of many teachers. The perfect pair they must be to the professors, and I want to be that way with Cho.

"Here you are Potter. Are you and Miss Patil ready?" McGonagall asks us.

"Ready professor?" I respond confused.

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions or in this case five, are the first to dance. Surely I told you that." She explains.

"No." I respond flustered.

"Oh well now you know. Oh, as for your Mr Weasly you may proceed into the great hall with Miss Patil." She says and Ron shrugs, walking away. I turn my attention back to Cho, she looks gorgeous in her dress.

"She looks beautiful." I head Padma say behind me. I quickly turn to see who she's looking at. I look up the stairs to see Y/n, in a beautiful black dress. My mouth drops at her beauty, forget about Cho, I wish I went with Y/n. I begin to blush as she waves to me.

"Yeah she does." I stutter.

"And she's with Malfoy, what a cute pair." Padma continues, breaking me out of my trance.

"What?!" I ask bewildered. I turn to see my enemy walking up to me with my best friend. My heart fills with rage.

~Y/n's POV~

"Hello Harry, you look handsome." I comment as we approach them.

"I-uh-you look good." Harry gives me a goofy smile so I laugh.

"Potter." Draco spits.

"Malfoy." Harry retorts.

"Ahh Ms. Opes, please get in line behind Mr. Potter here, the champions dance will begin shortly." McGonagall explains to us.

"Well at least we've both been drilled with dance lessons." Draco jokes. I laugh at him as he holds his arm out for me to take. I then turn to see Hermione and Viktor behind us.

"Hermione you look amazing!" I squeal and she turns bright red. Draco turns around and can't even find anything bad to say.

"Not as amazing as you!" Hermione grins. Viktor then begins to try to talk to her so I turn away. The curtains open and the music begins to play. The couples slowly start rushing in and I take a deep breath. Draco can sense I am nervous.

"It's alright, it's only the whole school watching us, and then some." He jokes, making me feel better.

"Oh Draco you always know how to help." I laugh as we step inside the grand ballroom.