2.10 Petrified

Harry catches the three of us the next day.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chanter of Secrets fifty years ago." Harry murmurs, out of breath.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione says.

"How do you know?" I ask him.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron implies.

"Oh you're just mad he's a Slytherin." I snap.

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry tells him.

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione states.

"That'll be a cheerful visit! 'Hello, Hagrid! Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'" Ron jokes.

"Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now, would ya?" Hagrid comes out of nowhere.

"No!" We reply all too quickly.

"W-what's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry asks.

"Oh, It's a- Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, ya know. Now, accordin' to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit o' growing up to do. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-Petrified. In the meantime, though, you three had best be lookin' after yourselves. All right? Hmm." He claims. "Hello, Neville!" He says before leaving as Neville looks worried.

"Harry- I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! Come on!" Neville yells to us. We all run along headed towards the Gryffindor common room. Hermione and I wait downstairs while the boys go to the dorm. They return in moments to Harry rushing over to us.

"Someone stole Riddle's diary, they must think we know too much." Harry looks worried.

"Well, how could someone even get in here? Only if they know the password right?" I ask him.

"Yeah that's right." Ron answers.

"I hate to ask but could it be a Gryffindor?" I ask the boys.

"No, absolutely not." The three say in unison.

"But you know our password, don't you Y/n?" Ron asks me.

"Ronald Weasley if you are insinuating that I told someone your password, you're wrong." I snap.

"Maybe someone overheard?" Harry asks me.

"Oh yes I love going around talking about the secret Gryffindor password." I sass back to him, I begin to heat up. Suddenly I take out my wand, waving it sending Ron flying backwards "You've always had a problem with me. Haven't you? I've been your friend, but I guess you only see me by the emblem and pin on my robes." I fume. Once I see everyone looking at me, slightly scared, my grip on my wand loosens and I put it back. I walk over and hold out my hand to Ron. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have." I say disappointed in myself.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have accused you Y/n." Ron shrugs as we hug and make up quickly. Harry looks happy at us and then I check the clock.

"Harry!" I say in shock. "You need to get ready, your match against Hufflepuff starts in an 2 hours!" His eyes widen as he runs up to his dorm and grabs his uniform. We follow him and make our way down to the pitch. Hermione grabs me on out way down.

"I think I found something, we need to go to the library." She states as I follow her nodding. She pulls a mirror out of her bag. "Just in case." She says and I look confused. She continues dragging me by the wrist over to a book. She opens the book, browsing through the pages until she rips part out.

"This is it! Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it. A roosters crow kills it." Hermione beems as she tells me. "Here, I have the mirror so just in case, so we are only petrified by the snake." She explains.

"Oh, that's why no one has died yet. Colin had his camera. Nearly headless Nick served as a barrier, and the water on the floor!" I smile and she returns it.

"Yes exactly!" She replies.

"Well how do you think a giant snake is getting around Hogwarts? I mean Harry and I only hear it in the walls." I question.

"I've been trying to figure that part out..." She begins thinking.

"Wait! Moaning Myrtle died around 50 years ago, she must have seen the snake in the bathroom. That's the only explanation, it's her bathroom. So that must mean..." I go off and she answers me.

"The bathroom is the entrance. It must use the-." She starts.

"PIPES!" We both squeal in excitement.

"You did it Mione!" I tell her.

"No we did it." She smiles writing pipes on the piece of paper. Suddenly a hissing voice erupts in the library.

"Uh...Hermione I hear the snake. It's saying kill again." I look at her worried. We can't have just figured this out and not have anyone to tell it too.

"It's...it's okay. Let's just wait here and look straight into the mirror. We have to be calm." She whispers to me and the last thing we see is a great big pair of yellow eyes. Suddenly, we are petrified.

{sorry this one is way shorter, couldn't really end it later on. also give me opinions! do you like the dynamic between Ron and Y/n? i will also be doing a little 3rd POV for the rest. Also should I explore this untamed anger in the future or not?}