2.12 The Chamber of Secrets

~Y/n POV~
I wake up on a damp floor. I look around, there is not much light, but a full size statue of Salazar Slytherin. The chamber is huge, columns holding it together. I try to stand up, but I am very weak. I finally prop myself up.

"Hello?" I call out.

"Oh good, you're awake." I turn to hear the voice of a boy. He is pretty handsome, but looks like a 6th year. I'll give him that, but looks somewhat transparent. Then I turn my attention to the ground.

"Ginny!" I say trying my best to run over to her. She has a pulse, she's alive. I look at the boy. "Did you do this?" I ask him. He offers me his hand to help me up and I take it. "Thanks." I say brushing off my robe. "Who are you?" I ask him. "Are we in the-."

"Chamber of Secrets." He finishes my sentence. "Yes. I was wondering when your magic would kill off the petrification." He says as he walks towards the statue, I follow him.

"What do you mean my magic?" I ask.

"Oh, you're magic is powerful yes, and it fought off the petrification of a Basilisk." He leads me to the statue of Slytherin. "Tom Riddle, by the way." He looks down to me.

"Tom Riddle, but you were a boy-." He cuts me off again.

"50 years ago." I start to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

"You're the Heir of Slytherin?" I ask back.

"Well we both are you see. Both extraordinarily gifted, with the powers of Slytherin himself." He tells me. "I'm you're uncle."

"That's a lie, my parents don't have siblings." I snap.

"Well, I'm your mother's half brother. You see, my mom had me with a," He shudders at the next word. "mudblood, but your mother got the better deal, with a wizard." He explains.

"So why have I never heard of you?" I sass back.

"I go by a different name these day. Perhaps you've heard of Lord Voldemort." He casually adds as I back away from him.

"What-where's my wand?" I ask back trying to remain calm.

"You won't be needing that. You'll help me in the future you see." He tells me, staring at the statue. I begin to collect my thoughts.

"O-okay. Well I didn't release the Basilisk, so who did?" I half ask him.

"Ginny Weasley of course." He replies causing me to gasp. "Well, because I told her to. You'll find that I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance." He tells me.

"You monster." I reply, backing away from him. Tom grows more human by the minute, becoming a more solid figure. He takes my wand, mutters something, and uses it to push me against the statue. Stone snakes come out of the statue, locking me in. I see Harry walk in. "HARRY!" I scream as he is down by Ginny.

"Y/n!" He says happily. Tom takes his wand as I try to yell to warn Harry but a stone snake covers my mouth. "We need to save them!" He tells Tom, and Harry slowly walks over to me.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger. Yes Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." Voldemort explains again.

"No. She couldn't. She wouldn't!" Harry shakes his head.

"It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." He explains.

"But why?" Harry asks.

"She was in a trance, I couldn't get the real Heir to do it anyways." He says pointing at me. "Still, the power of the diary began to scare Ginny. And she tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom. And then, who should find it, but you? The very person I was most anxious to meet." Voldemort rambles.

"But, why did you want to meet me?" Harry asks him. I try to yell again but only mumbling manages to come out.

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf, Hagrid, to gain your trust."

"Hagrid's my friend! And you framed him, didn't you?" Harry accuses. "I'll bet dumbledore saw right through you." I squirm again as Harry looks at me with pity.

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school, so I decided to leave behind a diary preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." Voldemort walks and explains.

"Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours, the Mandrake Draught will be ready, and everyone who was Petrified will be all right again." Harry sasses back.

"Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now, my new target... has been you. How is it that a baby, with no extraordinary magical talent, was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" Voldemort begins.

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Harry ask. Geez sometimes he is so thick.

"Voldemort is my past, present, and future." He explains, rearranging the letters in his name to form 'Lord Voldemort'. "Surely, you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world." He finally uncovers my mouth. "You can speak now you incessant girl." He sasses back.

"Harry you need to go now!" I warn him. But he shakes his head as Fawkes arrives with the sorting hat. Everything happens so quickly and before my eyes. Voldemort calls the Basilisk. It tries to attack Harry, but it's not going to well. I have an off idea of what's going on because I'm constantly closing my eyes. Suddenly the sword of Gryffindor drops down on Harry's head from the hat, almost knocking him out. Fawkes blinds the snake, so luckily I can keep my eyes open. The Basilisk bites Harry as he stabs it, killing it.

"HARRY!!" I scream in horror.

"Remarkable isn't it, how quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body? I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry. Funny, the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a silly, little girl." Riddle elaborates as Fawkes bends down and begins to cry on Harry. Causing his wounds to heal. Riddle looks down in horror as Harry plunges the Basilisk fang into the diary. Riddle slowly writhes away. I am released from my stone prison and run over to Harry, hugging him hard. He seems a little shocked.

"You did it!" I shout hugging him as he hugs me back. "We're alive." I say happily and he smiles. Ginny begins to stir and wakes up looking dazed.

"Harry. It was me- but I swear, I didn't mean to! Riddle made me." She begins to ball her eyes out, apologizing to me for being petrified and everything. Harry helps her up and turns to me.

"Did you get the potion before?" He asks. "For the petrification?" I want to lie and not tell him I did this on my own, not yet. My own power is scaring even me. Especially that I'm related to Riddle.

"Yes, I think somehow I did." I give him a reassuring smile as we help Ginny over to the entrance. We meet up with Ron and...Lockhart?

"Hello." He states. "Do you all live here?" He asks as I give the boys a confused look. Ron hugs Ginny and looks to me after.

"One of his memory charms went wrong." And Ron shrugs his shoulders.

"Good." I chuckle. We make our way back up to the bathroom, out of the chamber to the entrance.

"How do we close it?" Ron asks us. I step forward and say 'The Chamber is closed.' in parseltongue. And the entrance proceeds to snap shut. "How'd she know how to do that?" Ron asks suspiciously.

"She just does." Harry answers, I realize Ron and I have not even acknowledged that I've been petrified for some time.

"Well Hello to you too Ronald." I smile back and he seems embarassed. We make our way to McGonagall's office. We hobble inside as she looks up at all of us.

"Oh dear." She states, standing up and taking us to Dumbledore's office. She places her hand on Ginny and my back and ushers all of us inside.