4.13 Dress

The next day I get prepared to go out into Hogsmede with Hermione. I stand outside the Gryffindor common room to wait for her. She walks out in a nice winter sweater, turns out I'm wearing the same one as her, except mines green.

"Hah hello Hermione. You ready?!" I ask her.

"Why of course." She responds grinning.

"I told my sister that she could come with us!" I exclaim to her.

"Oh yes right, she'll need a good one too, she's going with Neville." Hermione smiles and my mouth drops.

"She's going?!" I ask alarmed. "She didn't even tell me, Neville didn't even tell me. Ugh Gryffindors." I sigh and Hermione laughs.

"Come on let's go, you can confront her in a second." She pulls me along. I find my sister outside the kitchen, waiting on us. She's in a bright yellow turtleneck.

"Hello!" Melis beams.

"Mel, why didn't you tell me Neville asked you to the ball?!" I lightly punch her shoulder and she blushes. "That's great news."

"Well, I was going to but then you got asked and I didn't want to say that Neville asked me in the Herbology classroom when we were looking at plants..." Melis trails.

"Oh it's adorable. Neville told me he gave her a plant!" Hermione practically jumps.

"Yes it's true!" My sister jumps with her.

"Okay okay, well I guess we all need to get a dress, so come on let's go!" I shout and they follow me. We follow the class to Hogsmede, it seems like all the girls need dresses. Gladrags Wizardwear seemed to be clear of all weird clothes, and full of normal, beautiful dresses. The line to get a dress is horrendous.

"Oh no! What are we going to do?" Hermione's asks us. "We'll never get a dress in time." She sulks and my sister looks concerned too. I think about a way to get us in and decide to pull my champion card.

"I think I have an idea." I whisper and drag them along with me to the front of the line. The owner opens the door and gives us a curious look.

"We're full right now, you'll have to wait like the other girls." She says to us.

"Um...excuse me Miss? Well, I really need a dress for the Yule ball-" I begin but she cuts me off.

"They all do, back of the line sugar." She tells me and I get impatient.

"My name is Y/n Opes. I am a Hogwarts Champion, daughter of the most respected family in all of Europe, and descendant of Merlin himself. You will let us try on dresses!" I command angrily and she looks startled.

"Oh why yes of course. I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you. But unfortunately, we only have room for one." She tells me, giving Mel and Hermione an odd glare.

"That certainly will not do!" I tell her and her eyes widen. "This is my little sister, and this young lady right here is Viktor Krum's date to the Yule Ball. You must show us ALL your dresses. Don't you want the finest wearing your gowns?" I ask her and her eyes widen from her mistake.

"My apologies, come right inside." She tells us.

"Thank you." I nod at her and turn to tell Hermione and Mel to come on, but they just stare at me with their mouths agape and their eyes wide. They slowly follow inside.

"Wow, I uh, wow." Is all Hermione says.

"I've never thought of using our family." Mel whispers to me.

"Well think about it next time you need something." I joke and she laughs. Ms. Galdrag clears the store for us as we look for dresses. We all decide to find a few options for ourselves, then show each other. Hermione finds the same dress in two colors, a bright pink and a subtle blue.