1.1 Acceptance

Hey guys! I just made a tiktok account and even posted a depressing video of Draco to a Taylor swift song #iykyk so please go check it out!! Same name @lredslytherinl

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8emeewd/

For Reference:

Y/n = your name

H/c = hair color

E/c = eye color

Your parents names are Canis and Lyra Opes. Your little sister is Melis, Mel for short. Your parents moved to America before you were born, to escape Voldemort. You are related to Merlin on your mom's side. You are said to have many great powers, so that is why they left. Voldemort wants you for your power, to help his side. Your parents have not explained why Voldemort wanted you, and what special powers you have. You have finally moved back to England to go to school at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the same school your parents attended. Your mother was best friends with Narcissa Malfoy during her time at Hogwarts while your father was very close with the Maurauders. Despite being a Slytherin, Siruis decided to help him since Canis was a bit shunned in Slytherin for being a "blood traitor". His animagus is a coyote, but not even his wife knows he's unregistered. After James died, and Sirius ratted out the Fidelius Charm, Canis was never the same. He has been cold, aloof, and gave up the idea of friendship and loyalty. (Also if your confused why the names are weird. Canis means canine, Opes is Latin for wealth, and Melis is Latin for badger. Lyra is just a star for the Greek Lyre.

Y/n woke up in her new English home.

"Y/n, come down we have a surprise!" Her mother called. Y/n got up, threw some clothes on and ran down the stairs, her h/c locks bouncing behind her.

"Yes, mother?" Y/n called as she entered the kitchen. All she say was her parents holding up a letter, with a script H for the seal. "EEEP" Y/n squealed as her parents engulfed her in a hug.

"It's Hogwarts, you must have been accepted." Y/n's dad exclaims. Y/n looks down at the envelope, opens it, and reads the letter.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Opes,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

It all begins to sink in for Y/n. She will be going to Hogwarts. She reads and rereads the letter before speaking to her parents. Y/n opens her mouth to speak but her little sister yells, startling her.

"Y/n what's going on?" Melis chirps.

"Honey, Y/n was just accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" My mom excitedly says. "Here give me the list, we will go to Diagon Alley tomorrow to collect your things. Oh Canis isn't this great! Our little girl going to our school."

"Yes...very nice." Her father says as he stands up and leaves the kitchen, returning to his study. Y/n looks down, somewhat disappointed, but nothing can contain her excitement for the next day. She is 12, and will finally be attending Hogwarts.

[yes, I know it's 11 but I wanted them to be a year older, everything just seems to young to me. Just remember that each year they will be a year older than the books]

"Oh" Her mother adds. "We will he meeting old family friends tomorrow, the Malfoy's. They have a son your age, be nice Y/n."

"Of course Mom." Y/n rolls her eyes and walks up to her room to pick some outfits to bring to school. The rest of the day went smoothly, but Y/n has no idea what is in store for tomorrow, or how famous she is in London.

Also please remember to tell me what y'all think by commenting and voting!! I'm doing this for you guys so I could really use some feedback! Thanks and love y'all.