4.3 The Dark Mark

The match has begun. The Bulgarians against the Irish. Five green and white figures fly through the air on their brooms leaving a colored trail behind them. A glittering leprechaun appears in the sky and starts dancing. Everyone is excited. The Irish have arrived. Then, five red figures this time, one of them performs a stunt on his broom. One of them appears on the large screen. The crowd begins to chant 'Krum, Krum, Krum'. We join in gladly, then the Bulgarian mascot does their dance. Veelas. I roll my eyes at this lame attempt. I turn around to see Ron practically jumping out of his seat and Harry get hysterical. I quickly look to Draco and he's even leaning forward.

"Draco?" I softly call and he turns to me, snapping out of it.

"What?" He asks back with concern.

"Um, why'd you say I was your date?" I ask him, gulping.

"Oh well, I just thought the formality would sound better." He mutters and turns back to the game. My heart drops a little, maybe he doesn't want this as a date.

"Krum is amazing, isn't he?" I comment and Draco laughs.

"Maybe one day I'll be as good as him." He jokes.

"Sorry Draco but I think that's impossible." I laugh back.

We continue to watch the riveting game. The Irish are really killing the Bulgarians with their amazing chasers. The game seems over before we know it, Ireland: 170 to Bulgaria: 160.

"Why did Krum do that?" Draco asks me when it's over.

"He needed to win on his own terms. He knew the Irish chasers were too good, so he wanted a close game." I smile at Draco.

"Wow, a girl who knows her quidditch, well isn't that something." He flirts and I blush.

"Here, my mom and dad have business to attend to, but let's go back to our tent." I follow him and carry my belongings with me. We walk inside to a giant, giant tent. Not to be mean but the Weasley's couldn't even dream of having one this size.

"Magic really is something." I chuckle thinking about how Harry would react.

"Here, give me those." He smiles and takes my bags to another room. We sit down in the main room and have a chat.

"Draco why did you make sure that the Minister knew I was your date?" I ask him, being more specific this time.

"Well, you're very respected, I didn't want him thinking that you got there with Potter or Weasel." He sours at the end.

"I get it, it's just you seemed...a bit...jealous?" I ask him and he turns red.

"Jealous, that you might be assumed to be with Potter. No no of course not. That's preposterous." He nervously states as I frown a bit, I really want Draco to like me.

"Okay I was just wondering." I throw my hands up in defeat. "It's alright if you-" a loud sound catches us off guard. Draco looks out the tent.

"Y/n! We need to leave, quick, follow me!" He shouts, grabbing my hand and dragging me with him. Fires are blazing and people are running everywhere. We make it out and into the woods.

"What's happening?!" I whisper once we are alone.

"I'm not sure, it seems like these people are after something. I'll protect you." Draco nods at me.

"More like I'll protect you." I joke back, appreciating his gesture. All of a sudden we hear twigs snapping in the woods, and voices getting louder. Draco and I draw our wands and stay put. Suddenly I recognize the voices.