4.8 Imperio

That night I sneak out of the common room under the invisibility cloak. I then make my way all the way up to the Gryffindor tower and wait for Harry to open the door. At approximately 12:50, the door opens.

"Y/n?" He whispers. I take my head out from the cloak.

"Right here, lets go." I say to him as I enter. We sit down by the fireplace, it seems like no one is awake. I sit down next to him on the couch. It's a bit awkward at first because neither of us know what to say.

"D-Did you see the Prophet?" He asks me.

"No, I decided not to." I admit to him.

"Here. Yours isn't too bad." He gives me a weak smile and hands me the paper. I begin to scan for bits and pieces of everyone's.

"Well, you're definitely not 12." I chuckle and he slightly laughs back. "She treats Cedric and Krum very nicely." I note then I return to find my name.

'Y/n Opes. An extraordinary wizard who seems to have passed the age barrier as well. We figure out what drove her to this rash decision. She feels as though she worries about pleasing her famous parents, and she is constantly haunted about living in Merlins shadow. This girl claims to worry about her birthday, but she wants to seem like the underdog, then blow all the contests out of the water. We will see if she succeeds.'

"Are you kidding me?! One joke about Merlin and I'm suddenly haunted by the shadow of him. This is ridiculous." I huff and Harry takes the paper from my hand.

"It's alright, no one believes her." Harry tries to reassure me, and himself.

"Harry," I sigh, "most everyone believes her." Then suddenly we hear a crack in the fireplace. A face suddenly appears.

"Sirius?! How..." Harry gasps as we lean closer to the fire.

"I don't have much time Harry so let me get straight to it. Did you two or did you two not put your name into the goblet of fire?" He asks us.

"No!" I respond quickly.

"Shh... I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours, Harry. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?" Sirius responds.

"I dunno." Harry answers.

"You didn't hear a name?" Sirius asks.

"No. Umm.. Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important." Harry sighs and I cringe at the name. "He wanted... me. I dunno why, but he
was gonna use this man to get to me. I mean it was only a dream right?"

"Yes. It's just a dream." Sirius sighs but I know he doesn't believe it. "Look Y/n, Harry, the deatheaters at the world cup, your two names rising from that goblet these are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't
safe any more.

"What are you saying? Where's my father?" I ask him finally trying to get a word in.

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor Karkaroff, he was a deatheater. And no one, no one stops being a deatheater. Then there's Barty Crouch, heart of stone, sent his OWN son to Azkaban. Your father left a while ago, he's doing some inside research around the deatheaters." Sirius tells us. I get confused because my dad didn't tell me, but he also hasn't returned my patronus messages.

"Do you think one of them put our names in the goblet?" Harry asks.

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet Harry but whoever did it is no friend to you. People die in this tournament." Sirius continues.

"I think someone wants us Sirius. I really do." I explain to him.

"We're not ready for this Sirius." Harry admits as well.