2.11 Skeletons

~3rd POV~

McGonagall walks onto the pitch with a large megaphone. "This match has been cancelled." She announces to the school, having boos erupt from the sidelines.

"We can't cancel Quidditch. But, Professor!" He shouts "We've got to play — the cup — Gryffindor-"

"Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower, now. Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you have to see." McGonagall explains to them. Harry is genuinely confused but can't help but feel something wrong in his gut. He gets Ron and they make their way to the Hospital Wing.

This will be a bit of a shock, says Professor McGonagall in a surprisingly gentle voice as they approached the infirmary. "There has been another attack... another double attack."

Ron and Harry are in shock as they see their friends.

"Y/n! Hermione!" They shout. Suddenly two men hurry through the door. Snape can't help but worry for the child of his old friend, and Draco looks distraught. They all stand silently looking down at the girls. Harry can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy when Draco pulls up a chair and sits down next to Y/n. Draco tries to grab her hand but retreats it as Y/n's petrified body feels like ice.

"They were found near the Library, along with this. Does it mean anything to either of you?" McGonagall asks the boys. They all shake their heads.

"No." Harry announces.

"Well, Potter, Weasley, come with me, I have an announcement for the Gryffindors. Mr. Malfoy, you better go with Severus." She announces and everyone slowly rises.

"Wait!" Draco shouts, remembering Melis. "Where's Mel? She should be here." Draco states with worry.

"Ms. Melis has returned home, her parents came to visit and take her the minute they heard about the attack." Snape answers as Draco lowers his head but nods, he feels like this wouldn't have happened to her if she was with him, but she has to always go with the Gryffindors. Harry and Ron follow McGonagall back to their common room.

"Could I have your attention please? Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately. 'All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions.' I should tell you this: unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed." McGonagall explains to everyone. Harry can't even make eye contact with her, he feels guilty that he couldn't stop the attack. He is also sure Y/n must have heard the snake coming, and must have felt helpless. Ron, sensing the immense sadness in his friend grabs his shoulder. Even Ginny starts crying, and heads upstairs.

Time passes with the two girls being petrified. Ron and Harry visit them frequently, and even have an awkward run in with Draco on Y/n's birthday. After they visit the girls, Ron and Harry make their way to Transfiguration class where McGonagall explains that end of year exams are coming up next week. Harry gulps, nervous because he doesn't even know how to turn his bunnies into slippers. The Professor also explains that the Mandrakes are ready, and with help by M/n Opes, the potions should be ready tonight to relieve the petrified students. The crowd erupts in applause. Ron becomes excited hoping Hermione will help him with his exams, but knows she won't waste a second to catch up on what she's missed. Harry's mind drifts to Y/n. What would she think after all of this? And how could this year just end? She even missed her 13th birthday near the end of the term. {remembering they are a year older I know} Even Draco even slightly smiled at the thought of getting Y/n back. He'd left her birthday presents next to the many cards from friends and family. Harry and Ron go to visit Hermione and Y/n another time. This time however, Harry notices something clenched in Hermione's hand. He takes out the piece of paper and begins to read it.