4.9 Ferret

I make my way to Professor Dumbledore's office, not really knowing how I will say this to him.

"Professor?" I ask walking inside, and looking around at his many trophies and magical artifacts around the office.

"Ah Ms. Opes, how can I help you?" Dumbledore returns, sitting up from his desk in his usual robes.

"Yes um, well you see...I have some concerns about the tournament." I begin to tell him, pacing because of how unsettling this is. "I know I expressed my concern once about the possibility of this tournament having malicious intent due to the fact that Harry and I were chosen. I just need to make sure that you have your best men assigned to making the tasks. A way to insure that the unspeakable does not happen." I explain to him and he looks at me.

"Y/n," Dumbledore begins in his grandfatherly tone, "I assure you that I would not put you, or Harry in harms way. I would never let you succumb to Voldemort." He explains causing me to chill a bit at the name. Voldemort does not get me as bad as Tom Riddle though.

"Tom Riddle," I start to speak, pushing myself to accept the person coming for us. "Thank you for your efforts sir, but he's coming Dumbledore. I can't explain how I know but he is. There's a feeling Professor; an east wind is coming." I say then I exit his office and return to my chambers.

The next few weeks approaching the task go by very quickly. I'm walking down the hallway with Draco when I see something that catches my eye. Pins on almost every slytherin, saying "Y/n, the real Hogwarts Champion" and other buttons saying "Y/n and Cedric" with our faces on them.

"Do you like them?" Draco asks me.

"That's awesome! I can't believe you did this for me." I smile with amazement.

"Well, Melis asked to put Cedric on there too, to be fair to you both." He replies.

"I knew I had a good sister, a hufflepuff for sure." I laugh back. Then I remember Harry.

"Well what about Harry?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"When the buttons see him, they do something special." He says to me and I give him a questionable look. All of a sudden, a lot of commotion is coming from behind us. I turn to see Harry nudging through people annoyed.

"Potter stinks!" A student shouts at him.

"Thanks." He responds and keeps pushing. Harry then sees me and his face lights up. "Y/n, just the person I was looking for. You know where Cedric is?" He asks me.

"Hello Harry, and I think I saw him outside." I point to the courtyard.

"Good, lets go." He begins to lead and I follow.

"You're going with him?" Draco asks me.

"Yes I'll be back soon, just wait by that tree." I tell him. "Crabbe and Blaise are over there." I say and he huffs, then makes his way over. "Harry what is it?" I ask when I finally catch up to him. I then see the buttons people are wearing for me, or for Cedric and me, turn green and say 'Potter Stinks'. Harry's face turns bright red as we pass people shouting insults at him. "Stop!" I shout at them and they eventually stop talking. We approach Cedric and his friends.

"Can I have a word?" Harry asks him and Cedric looks at me. I shrug, indicating I have no clue what's going on. Cedric's friends laugh at us as well as we walk away with Cedric. "Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us." Harry explains and my eyes widen.

"Are you serious? And Fleur and Krum, do they...?" Cedric asks.

"Yes." Harry responds.

"Thanks for telling us Harry." I smile at him.