3.12 Dead

We end up talking to each other in a circle while Hermione tends to Ron's clearly broken foot.

"It looks very painful." She tells him.

"Oh yeah it was, I hope they don't have to chop it off." Ron gulps.

"You two are lucky to be alive." I sass.

"We're glad you came, something felt off." Hermione admits.

"Thank you. If my dad hadn't found me, we wouldn't have come to help." I tell them.

"You're dad's pretty cool Y/n." Ron chuckles.

"Thanks Ronald." I laugh.

"He's right." Sirius comes in. "Canis is special." Harry and I turn to cling onto Sirius's words. "He helped me, when I was a boy. Him and James made sure I was always taken care of. Since I was cast out of my family, I would travel between the Potter's and the Opes's residence.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man. That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius says to Harry.

"You will Sirius, that's a promise." My dad smiles.

"I didn't think my dad would have wanted his best friends... to become killers. Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free." Harry smiles.

"Turn me into a maggot!" Peter shouts at Lupin "Turn me into a flobberworm! Anything but the dementors! Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them give me to the dementors, will you? I was your rat!" He shouts then turns to me. "Sweet girl! Clever girl! Surely you won't let them..."

"Get away from my daughter!" My dad yells as Harry and Sirius walk off. We turn to see that the sun has gone down and the moon has come up.

"Harry!" Hermione shouts pointing to Lupin, he seems to have noticed the moon.

"Remus, my old friend! Have you taken your potion tonight? You know the man you truly are, Remus This heart is where you truly live! This heart here!This flesh is only flesh!" Sirius runs over to Lupin, trying to stop him from transforming, but he is knocked off. Pettigrew then transforms into his rat and scurries off.

"No!! Pettigrew is escaping!!!" We shout.

"Stay back children." My father warns. "Remus, Remus please." My father begs to now werewolf, my dad and Sirius quickly transform into their animals

"There you are Potter!" Snape grabs Harry's collar then to see the werewolf head towards us after kicking my dad off of him. He sees the werewolf come towards us then steps in front of us to defend us. The werewolf gets closer with every menacing step, then Sirius and my father attack. Lupin throws them down a ditch.

"Dad!" I yell. "Sirius!" Harry and I scream, we run past Snape to try to get them, then Lupin notices us. He grabs me but misses Harry. "Harry run! Save them!" I yell as I see dementors start to go towards the area. Harry quickly leaves as I turn to face the werewolf. The last thing I hear before my death is Hermione yelling.

"Y/n!!!!" She screams as I claw comes towards my neck and slits my throat. I am dead. They tell you when everything ends, there's more. I can tell you there is. My mind goes white, except someone emerged from the struggle.

"Me?" I ask very, very confused. "Am...am I dead? Is this all real?" I ask him, standing there, looking at an older version of myself.

"Yes, Y/n Opes, you're dead." The older version responds to me, and then walks away.

"Wait! Wait!" I run after her.

"What?" She turns around.

"What do you know, if you're older, I obviously don't die. What do you want to tell me?" I furrow my brows.

"I want to, but I'm not sure if I can damage the fabric of time." I see my older self contemplate.

"Please?" I sway side to side all innocent.

"You know sometimes we can be annoying." She laughs. "But I knew before, this may have been useful when..."

"When what?" I bounce, my interest peeked.

"When nothing." Older me begins to pace. She seems to pace for about 10 minutes before she stops and looks at me. "I'll give you this kid, everything's true. All of the rumors about your powers...they are all true. The resistance to curses, wordless charms, you must know you're a parseltongue by now too. Well, I can't remember how much you know already, but basically everything you hear is probably true." She smiles at me.

"Woah." I lean back in awe.

"I wish we had more time for me to explain more. Oh one last thing..." She trails off.

"What?!" I shout.

"Please. Please listen to this carefully. Don't blame yourself for the death of—" Then I disappear.

"The death of who?!" I shout in horror.