1.4 The Platform

~Y/n POV~

I wake up the next day to the smell of bacon and eggs filling the house. I immediately hop out of bed, throw some clothes on and go downstairs. My parents are sitting down at the table, reading the Daily Prophet. I have to ask them now.

"Mom, Dad, can I ask you something?" I try to act all innocent.

"Yes of course sweetie." My mother replies.

"Well, I heard from a few people yesterday that I had some special powers. Is this true?" They immediately stop eating. My dad puts down the newspaper.

"Canis she's about to go to Hogwarts she should know."

"I do not want this change anything Lyra." My dad states.

"But she deserves to know if at least one is true." She pleads. "Serpensortia." A snake comes out of her wand and lands in front of me. "Go on, talk to it." She says and I look at her funny.

"How do you do?" I ask the snake.

"Not veryyy well. I am hungryyy." It replies and I gasp.

"Did you hear that? The snake talked!" I shriek as my dad quickly kills the snake.

"There Lyra, we know she's a parselmouth, can we move on."

"Well she might be the first since Merlin himself. The prophecy must be about her." My mom states as I am very confused.

"No!" My dad slams his fist on the table. "I can't-I won't lose anyone else. James. Sirius. Remus and I haven't spoken in years. The only one I have left is Severus, and he is at Hogwarts all the time." My dad huffs clearly angry at the loss of his friends. I remember him telling me a story, about how even though he was best friends with guys named Remus, Sirius and James, he would always look out for a man named Severus Snape. I'm not really sure what happened to them, but it could not have been good.

"Well then be friends with Lucius." My mom tries to calm him down. "Narcissa and I are really hoping you two would hit it off."

"Lucius is fine, when he's not criticizing muggle borns or belittling people for their wealth. But I have to keep my mouth shut every time, can't go around making enemies or insulting you're best friend Cissy." He scoffs. His breathing seems to calm. "You're right, I am sorry, I was over the line. But we can't tell her, not yet."

"Um...I'm right here." I say kind of laughing. My mom touches my shoulder.

"You will learn, in time. It's alright Canis, Dumbledore thinks we should wait." My mother adds. "Listen dear, start packing for Hogwarts, it will come soon enough." I follow her advice and make sure I get everything ready for school. Including learning a few basic spells.

~~~~~Platform 9 and 3/4~~~~~

The day is here. My family is walking me to Platform 9 and 3/4, to send me off to Hogwarts. I can't wait. We go through the brick wall to get there. My parents load up my trunks and I hug my sister.

"Goodbye Mel, you'll be here soon enough, don't cry." I say as she starts to cry

"It's not about that, I just don't know how to survive an entire year of just mom and dad." Mel laughs back. "Goodbye Y/n." I hug the rest of my family and get on the train. I am trying to find a compartment, I debate looking for Draco, but he seems to be hard to find. I open the doors to see if I can sit in one.

"Um...hello do you mind if I sit here?" I ask the two boys. Then I immediately recognize Harry.

"No, not at all Y/n." Harry says as I sit down next to him. I look at the ginger boy and he looks at me.