1.9 Quidditch

I walk into the Great Hall the next morning and go up to Harry and Ron. Hermione joins us, I guess fighting a troll bonds people in a special way. We are all eating breakfast, well except Harry.

"Take some toast mate." Ron says shoving a plate to Harry.

"What's going on?" I ask them.

"Harry you need your strength for today." Hermione adds. She looks to me. "Harry won't eat."

"I'm not hungry." He corrects her. I pick up a piece of toast and spread some blackberry jam on it.

"Come on Harry open up." I say and they laugh. Harry shakes his head.

"You need too!" Hermione repeats. Harry opens his mouth and I shove the toast in his mouth. "Good job." She says nodding. Snape shows up

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin. Speaking of Slytherin, Ms. Opes, you will be cheering for your own house...won't you?" Snape asks me.

"Of course Professor." I smile taking out my silver and green scarf, wrapping it around my neck. Ron, Harry and Hermione drop their mouths as Snape walks away. "What? I hope you get the snitch Harry, but I still want MY house to win." I laugh at them and see Draco wave at me. "I"ll see you guys later, good luck Harry!" I yell walking off to see Draco.

"I see I finally got you away from those lions." He states. I roll my eyes.

"Come on let's go get ready for the match." I say dragging him off.

"Slytherin would win if I were seeker." Draco announces and Pansy whole-heartedly agrees. We head out to the pitch and get ready for the match. We are watching and cheering. Slytherin is up 60-20. My cheering stops as Harry's broom starts to wack him in different directions. He is being pushed and pulled in the air. My breath stops as he is dangling from his broom. Ron and Hermione shove past me and I follow them. They are going to Snape and set his robes on fire. I look back and Draco knocked over Professor Quirrell. We all run away and look at Harry. He's back on his broom and heading for the snitch. He dives and dives and dives until he hits the ground. Hermione and I gasp. Harry gets up and acts like he's going to hurl, but instead of vomit, the snitch comes out.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Lee Jordan announces. Hermione and Ron drag me to Harry. They pull us all towards Hagrid's hut. Hermione, Ron and Harry  explain their theory to Hagrid. 

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid states.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry voices.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid angrily says.

"Fluffy?" Ron states, disgusted.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asks

"Well, of course, he's got a name! He's mine! I brought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the---" Hagrid tells us but stops short. "I shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask anymore question! That's top- secret that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry pleads.

"Codswallop! Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher!" Hagrid says and I can't stay quiet anymore.

"Snape is a good person, you're just bias because of Gryffindor. He's a good teacher he wouldn't do this." I preach.

"Hogwarts teacher or not I know a spell when I see one! I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking!" Hermione argues.

"Exactly." Harry adds.

"Neither was Quirrell. It could be him too." I try.

"Now listen to me, all four of you, you're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous! What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid catches his breath again.

"Nicholas Flamel?"

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid shoos us out as we walk back to the castle.

"Nicholas Flamel. Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Hermione asks.

"I don't know." The rest Harry and Ron say.

"Ugh you three. Don't you keep up with history?" I reply, annoyed that they don't know. "Nicholas Flamel made the Philosopher's Stone." They look confused again. "I'll tell you tomorrow. See you guys later." We go back to our common rooms. The next day I told them about Nicholas Flamel. The semester passes and we decide to talk to Hagrid after Christmas break. 

Hermione and I walk up to the boys to say goodbye before we leave for the holidays. They are playing wizard's chess. A knight gets destroyed.

"That's barbaric." Hermione shouts.

"That's wizards chess." Ron corrects her. 

"It's fun, I'll teach you sometime." I tell her. "Look boys, we are about to leave and wanted to say goodbye. We will resume our mission after break. And find out more about Snape AND Quirrell." I tell them.

"When did we let the snake become the leader?" Ron asks Harry. Harry just shrugs. We all start laughing. They hug us goodbye, and we left. I went to find Draco on the train as Hermione sat with Neville. I enter his compartment and everyone goes quiet. 

"You excited Draco?" I ask him.

"Yes of course-" I cut him off.

"Oh by the way, mom and dad said that Aunt Cissy and Uncle Malfoy are coming to our house for Christmas." I say proudly and Draco stood up looking content.

"Oh really? Well Uncle Cane and Aunt Ly told me personally we would be spending the Christmas at Malfoy Manor." The smile wipes off my face but I try to remain confident.

"Nope, Opes Mansion." I say and the others start making noises for a fight. Draco and I stare at each other sternly. Everyone is quiet until Draco and I burst out laughing and we sit down. WE all begin chatting and talking about classes until I can feel us getting back soon. 

"I am going to go say goodbye to my friends then I'll return." As I walk to see Hermione one last time, I hear the people from Draco's compartment talking.

"She really is something." Crabbe says. Ugh can he get over his stupid crush already, it's unnecessary and annoying. Then I hear something else.

"Yeah she is." Draco says. My stomach flips inside and I can't help but smile. I don't know why, but I won't stop smiling.