3.5 Boggarts

Draco returns midway into double potions class, with a sling on his arm. I do feel bad that it cut pretty deeply, but its only been a day. I don't think he needs the sling, but his arm can't be normal.

"Draco!" I smile, gesturing him to take his seat next to me. "I've already finished my potion, so I had no problem starting yours." He smiles back.

"Thank you Y/n." He begins to pickup the knife to cut his roots but he can't. "Sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm —" He states.

"I'll help." I say gladly but Snape butts in.

"No need Ms. Opes, you've already finished your potion wondrously. Come sit at the front of class to wait. Weasley cut his roots." Snape commands and I follow him. Ron awfully cut Draco's roots and he notices. Soon Ron and Draco trade roots.

"And, sir, I'll need this shrivelfig skinned," Draco slightly laughs

"Potter." Snape says as Harry unwillingly goes to help. I see them whispering and try to listen in but all I can manage to hear is Draco say.

"There are other benefits." As each boy turns to look at me. Harry looks pretty angry by the time class is over. Hermione gets in trouble for helping Neville of course. As Snape is very cold to the Gryffindors, its a two way street. No respect at all.

I walk out of class with Draco, helping him carry his books.

"Y/n, you don't have to do that." He says looking me in the eye.

"You're right, magic can." I swish my wand and the bag levitates.

"You and your magic are amazing you know." He makes me chuckle.

"Come on, let's get to DADA." I playfully hit his shoulder and we go inside. Harry looks at me and quickly turns away.

"Good afternoon," Lupin greets. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands." Some people look confused but this is super exciting to me. He takes us into an empty room with a wardrobe that is shaking.

"Nothing to worry about," says Professor Lupin calmly because a few people had jumped backward in alarm. "There's a Boggart in there." We all share concerned looks. "So class, what is a boggart?" Hermione shoots up her hand. "Ms. Opes." He smiles.

"Oh um tt's a shape-shifter. It can take the shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us the most." I answer and he smiles.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." He answers causing me to smile. It is nice to get recognition for being smart.

"This means," Lupin adds "that we have a huge advantage over the Boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?" Hermione once again bounces at the question while Harry looks nervous.

"Uhh because there are so many of us, it won't know what shape it should be?" He guesses correctly. I walk over and pat him on the back.

"Precisely. Good, five points to each of you. The charm that repels a Boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a Boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. Repeat after me, no wands 'Riddikulus'

"Riddikulus!" We reply, except despite no wands, my spell works. Dean suddenly is wearing a dress and everyone begins laughing.

"Settle down, settle down." Lupin states, spelling the clothes off Dean.

"This class is ridiculous." Draco jokes and I laugh.

"First things first Neville: what would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?" Lupin asks him and Neville looks around.

"Professor Snape." Neville says as the class laughs.

"You live with your grandmother correct?" Lupin asks and Neville nods. "I want you to picture your grandmother's clothes on Professor Snape when you say the spell alright?" He tells Neville. "If Neville is successful, the Boggart is likely to shift his attention to each of us in turn," says Professor Lupin. "I would like all of you to take a moment now to think of the thing that scares you most, and imagine how you might force it to look comical..." He explains as I begin to think about what frightens me the most. First, my nightmare of the Dementor pops up, that was scary and I haven't seen a real one. Then I turn to Harry who looks paralyzed in fear and it hits me. I walk over to Harry

"Harry it's alright." I tell him grabbing his shoulder.

"How will you make your fear less scary?" He asks me. The truth is, I don't know. My biggest fear is Voldemort finding me again, trying to take me and use me. I don't know how that can be less scary. Lupin opens the wardrobe and the Snape boggart walks out towards Neville. "Now Neville!" Lupin shouts.

"R-Riddikulus!"He shouts as Snape wears a long, lace-trimmed dress and a towering hat topped with a moth-eaten vulture, and he swings a huge crimson handbag.

There was a roar of laughter; the Boggart pauses, confused, and Professor Lupin shouts, "Parvati! Forward!" A loud crack erupts, revealing a mummy. Pavarti says the spell, and the boggart goes around and around, starting to get confused. It turns to me and takes the shape of the young Tom Riddle, no one knows what is going on besides Harry.

"I will take EVERYTHING!" He shouts at me. "I will get you!" He shouts grabbing me, it's so real but I try to whip out my wand. Harry jumps in front of me, the boggart turning into a Dementor. Lupin then jumps in front of Harry to reveal a giant cream circle, looking like a crystal ball, or the moon. Lupin spells it and puts the boggart back in the closet.

"Good job today, 5 points to all who conquered their fear." He huffs as Hermione and Ron run over to us but Harry grabs me.

"Y/n, are you alright?" He says squeezing my arms.

"Y-yeah, it just seemed like he was coming back to life." I reply.

"I know." Harry responds.

"A dementor?" I ask Harry and he nods. "Fitting." I weakly smile.

"Well, you weren't scared of dying, you were scared of being used against your will. That's brave." He tells me and I laugh.

"Who was that?" Ron asks me.

"You just met young Lord Voldemort." I gulp to them.