1.14 House Cup

I awake in the hospital wing, I look to my right and see Harry stirring as well. A voice booms causing our attention to shift to Professor Dumbledore.

"Ahh. Harry, Y/n, good afternoon." We smile but then notice a huge pile of sweets in between us. "Tokens, from your admirers." Dumbledore says.

"Admirers?" We say in unison.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally the whole school knows. Ah, I see that your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs." He chuckles to us.

"Ron was here? Is he alright?" Harry worries.

"What about Hermione?" I add.

"Fine. They're both just fine." He tells us.

"But, what happened to the Stone?" Harry asks.

"Relax dear boy. The Stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicolas and I have had a little chat and agreed it was best all around." Dumbledore casually says.

"But then Flamel, and his wife will die?" I ask.

"He has enough Elixir of Life to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die." Dumbledore answers.

"How is it I got the Stone sir? One minute I was there staring in the mirror and then the next-" Harry is cut off.

"Ah, you see only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that is saying something."

"Does that mean with the Stone gone that is, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry hopes.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Harry do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you. And that kind of act leaves a mark. No, no this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin." Dumbledore retorts to us.

"What is it?" We ask.

"Love Y/n, Harry. Love." He looks to our sweets and something catches his eye. "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavor one. Since then I'm afraid I've lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee. Alas! Earwax!" He says, making us giggle. I look at the sweets and see a small silver box on my nightstand. I open it and there is a note.

Dear Y/n,

I came to check on you and noticed you did not have your pin. Dumbledore thinks it got lost somewhere in the Devil's Snare, so I thought I would get you a new one.

-Draco

I look down at the exact same pin and chuckle to myself. Why is he like this. I smile, pinning the snake on my robes like I did with the last one. Harry and I sit up and begin talking.

"Thanks by the way." He says grinning at me.

"For what?" I genuinely ask.

"For keeping him away. I can't thank-" Harry is cut off by our two friends running through the doors.

"Alright there Ron?" Harry asks Ron.

"Alright. You?" He complies.

"Alright. Hermione?" Harry responds.

"Never better, Y/n?" Hermione looks to me.

"Just peachy." I say as we stand to hug them. We all walk back to the great hall together to celebrate the ending of the year. Before we enter though I stop them.