3.11 Coyote

"Dad?" I whisper astonished. I can tell it's him, but we've never been a family of physical touch so I just don't hug him, he's very cold and aloof usually. "How did you get in the castle?" I ask him as he approaches us.

"Long story, dear Y/n. We don't have much time now, I'll explain on the way." He states pulling me with him.

"Y/n you can't leave!" Draco shouts at me. I turn to my dad and agree with Draco.

"I'm sorry Draco." He states then yells. "Stupefy!" Casting Draco to the end of the room, passed our cold. I run over to Draco to make sure he's alright.

"Dad!" I scream.

"Come on, we need to go now." He says pulling me along.

"I thought you were dead, what happened?" I ask him.

"If you want to save Harry, you best be quiet." He warns and I shut up, very confused. He sneaks me around the castle then we end up outside by the Whomping Willow. He suddenly transforms into an coyote, hitting a bob to stop the tree from moving. Once I follow him down the tree we enter some sort of passageway.

"You're an animagus?!" I shout. "How could you not tell us!" I get annoyed.

"Mufflato." He casts. "Listen, no one can hear our conversation now, you need to be careful." He states.

"Wait are we going for Sirius Black?!" I whisper scream.

"No, Sirius is innocent. It's Peter we need to find." He quickly says.

"Peter?? Peter Pettigrew is dead!" I exclaim and he shushes me.

"I thought the same, Sirius is my friend. I couldn't believe he sold out James. Sirius is your-"

"Godfather, I know." I answer and he looks surprised.

"Just trust me." He states as we go up a staircase, I deduce that we have entered the Shrieking Shack.

"You two, quarreling like an old married couple." We hear Snape state.

"Severus, not good." My dad whispers as we get closer to the door.

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!" A man sasses.

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the dementors? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh, yes. A Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like." Snape continues.  "It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

"Severus, please." I hear Professor Lupin? Suddenly my dad opens the door.

"Severus you don't understand." He points his wand as Snape looks shocked, I run behind them and join the three.

"Y/n?!" They state shocked. I shrug at them, showing how confused I am, but I quickly grab Harry's hand to calm him down.

"I hoped you weren't helping your old pal Canis, I suspected the worst however when you disappeared." Snape states.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouts sending Snape into a wall, knocking him out.

"Harry! What did you just do?" Ron yells.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione shouts.

"Tell me about Peter." Harry coldly states.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend!" Lupin begins.

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him!" Harry points to Sirius. I try to squeeze his hand to calm him down but it isn't working and he rips it out.

"No, he didn't." My dad states. "I figured it out, once I found Sirius on the run." He finishes.

"Sirius is an animagus?" I answer.

"And he's a werewolf!" Hermione shouts pointing to Lupin.

"That's how you knew Dad! You were all there together, so you knew how to find him." I finish.

"Exactly, my friends turned into animagi to help me with my transformations during the school year. And as for Pettigrew, I thought so too, until you mentioned Pettigrew on the map!" Lupin explains.

"The map was lying, then." Harry shouts.

"The map never lies! Who do you think made it?!" My dad yells.

"Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there!" Sirius shouts.

"Me?! He's mental!" Ron states.

"Not you! Your rat!" Sirius continues.

LScabbers has been in my family for..." Ron begins.

"Twelve years? Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius finishes.

"So what?" Ron defends.

LAll they could find of Pettigrew was his finger!" Harry shouts.

"Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!" Sirius continues.

"Mooney..." My dad points to Lupin, "Wormtail," he points to the rat, "Padfoot," he points to Sirius, "Howler," he points to himself. "James...James was Prongs." He breaks out.

"Show me.Give it to him, Ron." Harry commands and Ron follows suit. Lupin casts a spell on the rat and it begins to transform into a human.

"Remus? Sirius. Canis. My old friends!" Pettigrew says trying to hug them but they push him away. "Harry! Look at you! You look so much like your father! Like James! We were the best of friends...
Y/n, you've grown so much, so very powerful!" He comes towards Harry and I.

"How dare you speak to them! How dare you talk about James in front of him!" Sirius shouts.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort, didn't you?" Lupin states.

"I didn't mean to! The Dark Lord. You have no idea the weapons he possesses! Ask yourself, Sirius! What would you have done? What would you have done?" Pettigrew is a maniac.

"I would have died! I would have died, rather than betray my friends!" Sirius chants as Peter dances around us, avoiding him.

"Harry, James wouldn't have wanted me killed! Your dad... Your dad would have spared me! He would show me mercy!" Peter pleads to Harry.

"You should've realized, Peter, that if Voldemort didn't kill you, then we would! Together!" Lupin shouts as they all raise their wands.

"No!" Harry shouts.

"Harry, this man..." Lupin starts.

"I know what he is. But we'll take him to the castle. My father doesn't want his best friends to become killers."

"Bless you, boy! Bless you!" Peter kneels.

"Get off of him!" My dad shouts.

"I said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the dementors can have you." Harry coldly states. Lupin escorts Peter our, wand to his neck as we all follow. As we walk through the tunnel, Ron is struggling with his broken leg. Hermione is helping him.

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius breaks the silence.

"A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!" Ron fights.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. More than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas, they're murder." Sirius explains.

"I would prefer to just have Sirius live with us." My dad begins. As Sirius looks up.

"Really Canis?" Sirius surprisingly asks.

"Of course Sirius." My dad adds as we end up on the school grounds