Duke is Innocent

"I see. So that's what happened." Doctor Hyene was 'invited' by the Duke's personal doctors to the Duke's mansion.

Hyene thought something bad happened and even tell his wife and children that if he never return, go back to his wife's planet and raise the kids without looking for him.

After he learned that it's about his client. He calms down and ask if he can  call his family to reassure them.
After that he learned that his client/patient is actually fathering who....The Duke of Wrose baby! Then his diagnosis must be adjusted! A regular beastman fetus has a different need from a high level mana user parent's fetus!
He questioned himself foe not thinking about it sooner. At first, Hyene thought Elian is a poor discarded human. Then he suddenly become a member of a super rich family. And now his baby is actually a royalty? He almost fainted.

He should advice Elian to have more food or suppliment that can suppliment the baby with mana. Surely, a fetus from high level mana user needed mana so badly that raising one baby sounds like throwing a mountain of riches on the abyss!

Yet...

"Actually, the baby is fine." Hyene doesn't understand it too. At first it seems normal but now that all pieces are together, this is actually unnatural, the baby was deprived with mana, how can he still be fine?

The doctors are all uses their heads to think about it. Mothers can't give the baby mana. Even if they have. Because the baby is part of the mother until she gives birth to him. That means the mana the mother have won't suppliment the baby.

"His dna could be different. He is human race but he is half plant race in a sense. Plant race can create minerals in their body by absorbing food or energy. And they are the toughest race." Hyene said.

They all smiles and think that Hyene is a very smart boy. This event will change Hyene's career forever.

Drake continued to supply mana to the baby little by little.
Elian didn't show he is in pain and endure it with a smile.
If Drake didn't look up and see Elian's pale face, sweating alot. He would not know he is in pain.

"Are you crazy? I told you to say it if it gets painful!" His voice is cold and domineering.

Elian grumbles.
"I can handle it. The baby needs more mana right? Don't stop." He said and pitifully tugs his sleeve.

Drake sneers.
But his irritation is not directed to Elian.
He remembers Elian screams painfully when they are doing it making him feel a bit resistant with the boy.
He thought since you are so afraid of pain, why did you go seducing someone?

Drake thought Elian will complain immediately if he feels painful. So why is he not complaining now?

Drake wipes Elian's forehead with his sleeve.
Elian blinks and looks at Drake with a smile.
If his lips is not pale, he might smile back.

"Rest.  Sending mana directly is not the only way. You can eat food rich in mana or We can just do it."

Do it?
Elian tilts his head then blushes.

It's an option for married couple but they are not in that relationship.
He wants Drake to marry him first if they will do it. Though in a sense its too late now to act pure. Hossei is the one who mess up with a stranger and not him.
He still won't do it just because 'they already did it before'.

Thinking about marriage, Elian feels shy. Drake should be the one proposing marriage. But he didn't say anything about it yet.
He wonders if Drake wants to  marry him.
Or does he plan to take the baby and raise it on his own?

Elian feels bad.

He wants to say something but Drake received a call.

Elian doesn't want to look at first but he his eyes wanders and see a beautiful woman on the screen.
Cold icy blue eyes. Pale skin, golden hair, tall nose and pinky lips.

Drake makes sure Elian won't be caught in the screen but he also didn't avoid Elian.
He doesn't feel any reason to hide this call from him.
Better yet, he feels angry to accept a call from this woman.

"It seems my assistant is no longer doing his job. How could he not inform me that this Lady is going to give me a call?"
Drake raised a brow.

The woman frowns.
"I know that Duke of Wrose doesn't want anyone to contact you like this but I have no other choice. I want to know what is wrong with me? Why does his excellency not want to pair with me? The match is high. I am from a prestigious family. My educational background is not less than yours. I....I am the perfect partner!"

Drake sneers.
What perfect partner?
A perfect partner for him is someone he wants to be with him. That is the only requirement.

On the other side Elian gapes.
He doesn't know it was something like this.
He feels sour and suddenly his stomach aches.

"Ah!" He is scared with the immense pain and unable to block his mouth in time.

Drake wants to humiliate this 'perfect partner' until he heard Elian gasping.
He turns around and see Elian's pitiful appearance clutching his stomach.
Still not letting a loud scream out his mouth in fear that he will disturb Drake's phone call.

Drake eyes widen in shock.
He already curse Elian a million times in his head within some few seconds.

He called the doctors to go inside and check Elian.
Though they looks unrealiable, they are the best doctors in Universe 32 if they fail then doctors on the hospital are worse.

"What's wrong? Where does it hurt?" Drake holds Elian's hand tightly.

Elian blinks his eyes looking at the ceiling.

"It...It doesn't hurt any more." He is shocked. How can his baby do this?
He wanted to cry.
"I swear I am not just making it up. It really hurts a few minutes ago. Then it just disappear."
He refused to accept his baby's black pot!

So embarrassing.

"That is normal. Sometimes it even lasted for few minutes." Hyene said.

Elian looks shocked.
"Few minutes? It's too painful...it will get longer?"

"Your baby possibly will be a high levelana user when you gave birth. The baby is smart so it can feel their mothers emotion and people around it. Make sure to stabilize your emotion at all times.

Elian looks at Doctor Hyene.
"Can someone really stabilize their emotion at all times?"

Hyene lips twitch. Of course not. How can you do that?
Some trained people can but Elian is an ordinary person.

"Just do your best. Think of the baby." Hyene said then he and all the doctors look at Drake who is worriedly holding Elian's hand.

Drake raised a brow and the people glaring at him hide their hostility.

Hyene is already a father and he treats Elian like a good friend. He is scared with the Duke but he still look at his eyes.

"Duke, you should not let Elian in any mood depressing environment. You need to be his support."
There are things only the other half can do for the mother and the fetus. Drake should understand that he is now going to be a father and the responsibility to take care of the baby and the mother will fall to him.

Elian frowns and shakes his head.
"It's not his fault I....I just feel sad with what....what that woman said on the video call and I....The duke is not at fault."
Elian eyes are determined to let them understand that the duke is innocent!

The doctors understands. They all blame Drake.

Still dare to accept a call from another woman in the presence of the mother of your child?! You really need a good beating!

A/N:

Hahahha
Thanks for reading ^_^)♡