Damsel in Distress

(The same time as the Auction is happening)

"Mom, Im scared." Elian said as he froze in front of the space craft door.
Its been so long since he last went out. He was in a safe place and everyone around him loves and pampered him.

He was sure that nothing can make him feel awkward. He even tell Drake he will be fine arrogantly.
It's as if he forgot what kind of people are outside his family.

"Young Master." Toffer grabs his shoulders and press on it.

Elian looks up at him.
"Do not worry."

Elian smiles.
Eliza holds his hand.

"Don't worry." Eliza adds.

Elian beams.
"Okay."

They are right. Why would he get scared?
Hhe didn't do anything wrong.
If people talk badly about them, they are the bad ones since his conscience is clear.

Elian walks out the vehicle.

His stomach is alot bigger now. Its been 7 months and only two more months and he will already give birth.
He'a been with Drake for 2 months now. Thanks to his patience, the baby inside is growing bigger and healthier.

Every half a month, he needs to see all the doctors under Drake. They will always mumble words he doesn't understand.
But thanks to Doc Hyene, he would know that his baby is very healthy.

"Oh, Eliza, Elian." The woman came to greet them.
It was Eliza's college friend and they still friends till now. This is their friendship's bond. Though they are not the type to always check up in each others. They will remember each other when there are large thing happening in their lives.

"Aunt Lilibeth, Congratulations to your grandson's first ....month ....birthday." Elian jumbled his words.

It was the first month since the baby was born. He is not sure what is it called but it's a special event. The first 5 months of the infant's life should be celebrated. It shows the baby's vitality for the first 5 months and to cheer the baby for a good life.

Lilibeth smiles and hugs Elian.
"Thank you. Once you given birth. We will attend your baby's first 5 months birthdays too."

Elian gives her the gift they prepared.

Lilibeth accepted it and lead them to the tea party.
It was a birthday celebration but doing so much and lavishly spending money will only make others find fault and rumor will spread that they are stuck up and pretentious. Its the baby's celebration so all parents wouldn't want people pointing fingers. It always been celebrated humbly like a tea party or flower appreciation.

Elian found the baby crib in a fairy like pink gazebo on the middle of the garden covered with flowers of light colors.
It was very beautiful. They walk to the gazebo and look at the sleeping baby. It was white baby, cute and chubby. The cheeks are flushed red and it was sleeping peacefully.

Elian heart was stolen.
He wanted to cry, strangely feeling the baby is too beautiful.
But if he cries, he feels that the mood will be ruined by him. He immediately wipe his tears but still seen by Eliza and Lilibeth.

"She is beautiful." Elian said when he feels them holding his shoulders.

Lilibeth leans her head to his arms and softly tears up too.
"She's just like my daughter."

Elian frowns.

"Okay, the baby needs her time to sleep. Let's go and drink some calming tea." Eliza said as she rubs her friends shoulder. Consoling her.

"The mother died while giving birth. They did everything but it was  the fate of a mother who is giving birth to a baby with high mana ability. Traditionally said that to make sure the baby will not be sad, the mother has to be buried in the same day of her(mother's) death to be able to watch her baby in heaven faster." Toffer softly whispers.

Elian trembles.
"The baby didn't get the chance to see her mother's face?"

Toffer holds his hand.
"There's a custom that all mother's will make a video recording for their baby in the last month before giving birth, just in case. Like story telling video. Life lessons video. And all sort of video a mother would want their baby to know, from them, but won't be able to do it personally."

Elian takes a deep breath.
"I didnt know."

"Cause....you might get hurt or affect your mood if you think of it that way. Preparing for something like death to give life. Its unfair for any mothers. So everyone wants you not to think of it for the first early stages of your pregnancy."

Elian looks up.
She slowly walks to the table where her mother is drinking tea. Aunt lilibeth left for awhile when the baby wakes up and cried.

"Elian, what's wrong baby?" Eliza smiles.

Elian pulled the chair near her mother's and hug her.
"I love you mom."

Eliza gasps and hugs him back.
"Uwoo~ I love you too. So cute. What's wrong with you?"

Elian shakes his head.
"Nothing. I just want to say I love you."

"I love you too." Eliza kisses his cheek loudly.
"And I love you too, baby." Eliza rubs his tummy.

Elian thought he will be sad all day but he had alot of fun. He also gain one friend.

"So you  work in a farm?!" Elian thinks because the world is so advance that there's no more farms in the world.

Clara chuckles.
"Why are you so shock? Its a common job when you are from far and small planets. We plants vegetables and we have farm animals too. After I gave birth, Im planning to grow fruits next."

"Oh! I want to do it too." Elian said.
"Oh. Do you have horses?"

"Ofcourse. What kind do you want? Ill gift you one." Clara chuckles. She rarely enjoy tea parties like this. Her husband's family is rich but her roots are in the farm and digging soil. She doesn't have any friends here in one of the capital Planets.

"A white horse!" Elian laughs. "Because my husband-to-be thinks he is a knight and shining armor so he needs a white horse."

"A white horse? Not a white mecha?" Clara thinks the fairytales says that knight and shining armor are inside the white shining mecha.

Elian slowly stop laughing.
"Is that the fairytale here?"

Clara panics. Could it be the fairytale in the small planets and capital planet are different?

The two grabs their quantum bracelets and search about fairytales. It seems the ancient times it was a white horse but the new civilization doesn't need a weak and easily exhausted horse for warfare so they use white mecha. That's the new fairytale.

Elian was teased by Clara that he is an old fashioned damsel in distress.

A/N:

Pffftt ahahhaha