Parapluie Flowers

Drake looks at Elian who wakes up at the same time as he slowly leans to give him a goodbye kiss on his forehead.

"It's still early. Go back to sleep."

"Hmm..I am not sleepwee." Elian rubs his eyes.

Drake chuckles.
"Are you that eagee to greet me goodbye?"

Elian pouts. 
"I'm just excited for the party I will attend today. It's been awhile since I met other people."

Drake raised a brow.
"So it's not about me?"

Elian pouts again.
"How can everything be all about you?"

"What did you say? You are saying I am self centered?"
Drake grabs Elian's waist and starts tickling him.

"Ah! Kaka! Ahahaha. Stop. Stop!" Elian wipes the corner of his eyes when Drake finally stop tickling him.

"So?"

"You are so handsome and important. Most things are all about you!" Elian eyes brighten in delight.

"Good that you know." Drake stoop up and fixed his uniform

Elian rolls his eyes.
"Narcissist!"

"What?" Drake raised both his hands and his fingers wiggling in the air.

Elian laughs and chuckles, shaking his head.
"No no no. I didn't say anything! I didn't." He rolls to the other side of the bed away from him.

Drake smiles.
Elian's bright eyes and smile makes him already satisfied today. 
"I have to go now. Give me a kiss."

Elian blinks as if calculating.
But he then slowly crawls to him.

Drake sat on the bed again and let Elian hug him. They kiss.
Before Elian moves away. Drake grabs his hands around his neck and smiles.

"Whatever happens. Consider you and our baby's safety first. Whatever it was,I will fix anything for yo--"

Slap.

Drake is dumbfounded as he looks at Elian.

Elian, who slaps Drake's face with his palm grins.
"Stop saying ominous remarks! Nothing will happen and besides, who made you a knight and shining armor? Where is your white horse?"

Drake's eyes darken and he tickled him again.

Drake was late in his work for the very first time.

Everyone standing on the hot smolting heat morning ceremony are all confused.
But Drake has a smile on his face as if anything in his path looks good. Even the sweats and imaginary tears on the soldier's faces are nice. Drake decides to be a magnanimous boss and lets them off shortly after the long morning drill.

Everyone was confused about Drake. But nobody has the courage to start gossiping about him.

Shaina walks to Elionora.

"You think it's about your brother?" She whispers.

Elionora looks around and feels goosebumps.
"Must be? Even he doesn't have any reaction when facing slander against the General Sachel house yet he came like this today. If people piece it together with my brother…" she sighs.

Shaina shrugged her shoulders.
"It's not like anything will change right? He is already a celebrity as he is engaged with the Duke and the rumour about his pregnancy too. How else can he be like others?"

As the two made small talks they met a dragon level calamity...No. they just met their strange boss.

"Shaina, Elionora, my soon-to-be family." Drake smiles at them and gives shivers to the core of the two women.

Drake smiles.
"Why are you two doing? You are not that tired at work right?"

The two shake their heads and immediately salute.
Gulping as they forgot basic military greetings.
Sweats are making them uncomfortable.

Drake smiles.
"Oh good. You two come with me. I will purchase something in the auction house from Planet B12."

"We will prepare, Sir!" The two immediately answer.

***

On his two sides are military women with high ranking positions. Each side gives the aura of coldness.
But the man sitting in the middle, silver hair and golden eyes brings the crowd's attention from the item being displayed in front.

"Good afternoon everyone. We are pleased to present to you  today's auction." 

The attention went back to the stage.
The people clap their hands.

"Today we'll start off with the Parapluie flower. A gem that imitates a flower and absorbs the planet's vitality making it a parasite to  any reclaimed planets. But the Parapluie flower, once plucked from the soil, will give off the mana essence it accumulates all its years. Today, we have 20 Parapluie flowers that have approximately 2 years of life left after being plucked from a now dying planet far from Planet 32. Not only money. Being able to obtain Parapluie is a great risk if handled badly so we need an idea and customs certificate signed upon purchase. The flower will be auctioned by 5 pieces at a time giving 4 times to obtain it. Very suitable for pregnant and ill people. Starting bid is S100,000,000"

Elionora and Shaina are now aware of their boss's intention. He is surely here for the opening item.
But for what reason did he bring them here?

Though it was expensive. The benefit of the Parapluie flower is best and tested though there are few of it. The reason why it was very expensive is because Parapluie is a taboo item that should not be planted in any civilized planet despite its good benefits to pregnant mothers that can't take mana from their partner and ill people.

"S200,000,000" the people bidding for the flower turns sharply at Drake. Drake lazily put his hand down.

"200,000,000 once? 200,000,000 twice? First 5 pieces are now sold to Seat number 121."

The people feel dissatisfied but it's the auction rule. Bid more if you want.

"Sold to Seat number 121!"

"Sold to seat number 121!"

"Sold!"

Everyone is amazed. Someone even fought and also doubled the price but 121 simply tripled the price.

It was a painful defeat.

Shaina and Elionora both hold the special box to suppress the release of mana of the Parapluie flower.
Drake smiles contentedly.
"Send one flower to the woman that invited Elian to their party today. The rest of the four flowers should be given to mother-in-law and father-in-law. Do the two of you want  it too?"

The two hurriedly shake their heads.

Drake frowns.
"Oh well, put the rest in our bedroom. Elian wants to decorate our room with it."

The two gape. Not only the flowers will be used as a display. The Duke seems to say that Elian will use all the flowers at once!
Isn't it a waste??
You can only absorb so much a day.
Why  use so many at once? Of course , they only complain in their heads.

A/N:

Hahhahaha.
Thanks for reading ♡