14 - Chapter Fourteen - Alessio Mihail's Point Of View.

We were still not really speaking when we got to my dad and Lukas' wing for dinner. Lukas was the first one to pick up on something being wrong. He gave me a look before standing up.

"Oh, Alessio, I found something of yours in the spare room. You should come have a look."

"Alright."

Standing up, I followed behind Lukas. He closed the door once we reached the spare room, and there were a few things of mine sitting on the bed, surprisingly. But that was pretty much forgotten when he spoke up.

"Alright, what's going on with you and Lev?"

"Nothing—"

"You know I know when you lie, right? You, Alexi, and Andrei, you all lie the same way, so spill it."

"Right, don't know why I even tried."

"What happened?"

"Lev and I were arguing earlier and about some things my dad said in the car and then about when I made the comment I did full well knowing it was a tender spot for my dad, and he wanted me to give my dad a break. And there was just so much more."

"I don't agree with everything your father does, but he is trying. That is what's important, and I think you both need to give each other a break."

"Hey, I'm sorry about making your relationship with my dad tense or stressed because you've had to save me from my problems with him."

"Things between your dad and I are perfectly fine, but I appreciate the apology."

"I don't know how to make Lev less mad at me. He wants me to go to therapy and I'm ok with that. But he called me immature because of what happened between dad and I. I hate that."

"I think everyone is a bit immature. Your dad is too. I am too. Part of being an adult is forever learning how to be mature in all the situations you're presented with."

"Yeah. I get that."

"My helpful tip, talk to Lev. Explain your feelings, understand why he thinks you're immature, go to therapy. Do it for yourself."

"Right."

Lukas suddenly grabbed me, hugging me, and it was odd. But also comfortable.

"Look, you're not my kid and we aren't that far in age, but I care about you, and I care about what happens to you. We are family."

"Thank you. I really appreciate that."

"Come on, grab those and I'll tuck them into a bag and then we can have dinner."

"Alright" I replied. Grabbing my things and following him out of the spare bedroom, that used to be mine before I moved into Caleb's.

Dad and Lev really just seemed to have small talk, not really having a full conversation. I figured this had to do with the whole today deal, from start to finish. I wasn't about to ask, though. They were both mad at me. Lukas served us all a bowl of pasta and we ate silently. It was the most awkward dinner yet.

"Alright, someone needs to speak. I can hear myself chew and I don't like it." Lukas muttered.

No one said anything. So I sighed and spoke after swallowing my mouth full of pasta.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you. I shouldn't have pushed it."

My dad took a drink and looked right at me.

"You sure you mean that?"

"Yes. And Lev, I'm sorry for pissing you off too."

My dad raised an eyebrow at Lev, who just nodded because he had a mouth full of food.