37 - Chapter Thirty - Seven - Alessio Mihail's Point Of View.

I couldn't find Lev when I woke up later. The pain medication had long worn off and I was in incredible amounts of pain, but that was pushed elsewhere. I was panicking because Lev wasn't in the house. The boat was still there. I had gone to look. My heart was racing and deep breathing wasn't doing a damn thing for me. I heard something crash in the backyard and went to check there. He was changing the wheel on a lawn mower and he looked frustrated. The bolt was stuck and I could hear him muttering under his breath plenty of curse words.

I winced when I stepped off the deck onto the grass, and he looked up. He had rust or dirt smeared on his forehead and cheek.

"Let me try?" I mumbled.

"I've got it. I just need to really beat—-"

"Try using vice grips and a hammer. Tap the side near the end of the handle and it might loosen the bolt." I hissed, keeping my hand on my side.

He went and got a hammer and came back, trying what I suggested. The bolt loosened slightly, and he was able to then spin the bolt out.

"How did you know that?" He asked.

"Luca and I used to steal cars together. When we were done with them, we would part them out in pieces. They were easier to get rid of. You get creative when you don't want to get caught."

"Your underboss Nico's right hand?" Lev said, and it surprised me he remembered.

"Nico is Luca's father. Luca is only two years older than me. He has been his father's right hand since he was eighteen."

"Are you not worried I will tell someone this information?" Lev said. Suddenly acting salty.

"No. Not really. It's no secret and if it was, then oh well."

"Thought you didn't trust me?"

I shrugged and watched him some more. Before speaking.

"I think the thing Luca would be more worried about getting out is the many times we fooled around in highschool and after training."

We had fooled around plenty, but only went all the way three or four times before Luca wasn't interested in me any longer. That was fine with me, too. I was pretty comfortable with my sexuality. Luca wasn't. He didn't want to be gay, or even appear gay. But he wouldn't treat you any differently because of your sexuality.

I watched Lev's back muscles tense and twitch at my comment, since he had abandoned his shirt to the side table at some point before I came outside. I wondered how far I could wind him up before he finally snapped. The pain was strong, but so was my need to cause shit with Lev. I couldn't resist.

Getting closer, I closed the space between us and set my fingertips on his spine, sliding them down slowly as I got a closer look at what he was doing.

"Alessio."

"What? Am I in your way?"

"No. But, I'm filthy. You shouldn't touch me."

My fingertips were resting on his lower spine until he stood up and he went around to the other side of the lawn mower. I hissed when my side started to hurt in waves.

"Your medication has worn off?"

"I think so."

"Alright. Let's go. I'll make you something so you can take the next dosage."

"I can make something."

"It's fine. I need to step away from this for a bit."

"Ok."

I went back inside first, Lev right behind me, But he kept his distance between us. While he was washing up in the sink, I was looking at his back. I was almost close enough to touch him again.