38 - Chapter Thirty - Eight - Alessio Mihail's Point Of View.

Lev and I went a whole week with no arguments. My Monday meeting went well. He let me borrow his office for that. Maddox filled me in on things happening around the complex and asked me instructions and sent photos of some minor wounds that happened while I was gone. That was about the highlight of my entire week. We made plans to speak again on Monday with my underbosses and Alexi present, so we could talk about building another complex.

Every day after that till today, Lev worked around the house or read, while I watched all the movies he owned and even streamed some.

"Lev, god what day is it even?"

"Sunday, all day long."

"Thanks, smartass."

"Oh, But also, It's the perfect day to look at removing the stitches from your side."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"They have been in your side for about ten or eleven days now. They can come out."

"You're not wrong, but I want to look at the wound before you yank them out, to be sure."

"You know where the bathroom mirror is. Get looking." Lev said, chuckling.

I was down to only taking one pain pill and moving a little more now. So chances were, Lev was right and the stitches could come out. Getting into the bathroom, I lifted the hoodie I stole from Lev up and looked at my hip. It honestly looked fine. The stitches could come out, and I would just need to take it slow until the skin was fully healed.

Dropping the sweater, I walked back to the kitchen and lifted ‌my sweater again, just a few centimetres away from where he was working on a file at the counter.

"What is the verdict, Doc?" Lev said playfully before looking at my side.

"They can come out, you were right."

"Let me get the medical kit, and we can go from there."

"Alright."

"Stay here, I'll be back."

Lev picked up his file and headed down the hallway. I paced the kitchen right in front of the stove until he came back. He sat down and I still paced.

"Alessio, sit."

"I'm good."

"You are oozing nervous energy."

"My bad. Can't help it."

"You will barely feel it."

"I know."

"I found what I need. Let's go to the couch."

I nodded and followed behind him to the couch. I sat on the couch. Lev sat down on the floor. I figured he was going to sit on the couch.

"Lay down, with that side towards me."

"Okay."

I did as he asked and pulled the sweater up, too. He wiped his hands clean with alcohol wipes before he cut the first stitch. I could feel his breath fanning out over my hip as he got closer to remove the stitches. There honestly were quite a few there.

I threw my free arm over my eyes and relaxed the best I could into the couch. At some point, he poked me with the tweezers and I hissed.

"I felt that."

"My bad."

"Many left to go?"

"Half."

"I could pull these faster in my sleep."