61 - Chapter Sixty- One - Alessio Mihail's Point Of View.

Sitting on the couch, with a couple hours before the party, Lev was frustrated with me. He had his arms crossed, and I was waiting for him to yell at me.

"Alessio, You need to eat. You haven't eaten all day."

"Thank you for caring, but I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat, hungry or not."

"If I eat, I will puke."

"What can I do to relax your nerves, sweetheart?"

"Come here and relax with me, Amore."

Lev sat down on the couch, and I leaned against him. He ran his fingers through my hair and pressed his lips to my forehead.

"Tomorrow, this day will feel like nothing more than a bad dream. You have my word on that."

"I sure hope so. I just want to enjoy our time together before I am wildly busy as the head of the family."

Lev pulled me against him as close as he could get me and made sure that I was comfortable.

"We have an hour before we should start getting ready." Lev murmured against the top of my head.

"Just let me hold you. That's all I want right now." I pleaded with him.

"Of course, Alessio. Anytime."

Laying on his chest, I held him tightly and smiled, thinking about last night's dinner with my dad and Lukas.

"Dad fully accepted you as my husband last night."

"That's only because I won the card game last night. Even though your shitty cousin was openly cheating."

"Welcome to the Mihail family. We openly cheat on games, make dirty jokes, and all go home in one piece."

"Good family."

"Eh. It depends. You have yet to be roped into the bullshit schemes of us Mihail men. Ask Creed, or Lukas. They have definitely been on the end of that."

"I see. Perhaps I should ask. Make sure I am knowledgeable about the family I've chosen to align myself with."

"I mean, you know my dad and Alexi, but outside of work, they are entirely different people."

"As are you, Alessio?"

"You're not wrong."

"We should get up and move. You need to pick a suit, so I can pick one too."

"What if I choose to sleep here and we don't move for all of today?"

"Unfortunately, we both know that Maddox would come for your head and that's something you don't want."

"I hate when you're right." I groaned, forcing myself off the couch.

"Did you want to remove your ring, in case you want this to be less of a—--"

"No, I don't care. You're my husband. I don't care who knows." I hissed, almost offended he asked if I wanted to remove my ring.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

"The only time I'm going to remove this ring is for surgeries, and then it's going on a chain around my neck. And you didn't upset me."

"Good, I'm glad."

We walked to the bedroom and Lev pulled out a suitcase, pulling suits out of it and laying them out. I hated the look of them all right away, not because I hated them, but because I hated all the events that were coming.

"Have you picked one?"

"No."

"Would you like me to pick for you?"