9. "Rule Number One.."✔️

Oct 3rd
Monday | 6:30am

T A J R O M A E ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

I'm on the phone with Pinky as I get ready.

It's my first day going to my new school and I don't know how to feel.

"Step weh from the bed mek mi see yuh good nuh,"Pinky says.

She sounds so excited.

I step back, running my hand down my hips to smoothen the skirt.

"Hey, every man ova dat a guh tun inna mad man!"

Hear ya?

I start laughing.

"Yo feel a joke? look how the uniform suck on pan yuh curves like a glove and yuh face pretty like seh yuh walk outta vogue magazine."

Pinky is just like my subconscious..

Dem always know how fi boost mi ego.

I smile beamingly before I fix my hair in the mirror. It's done in half up half down style with cute edges.

I had to go all out.

After all, it's my first day.

The rest a days dem yuh can gwaan guh look homeless.

I smile at that thought then I head to the living room with my brown bag.

"You like eggs?" Aisha questions, she's frying eggs and frankfurters.

"Of course," I sit around the island.

Aisha is already dressed so I'm guessing she's taking me to school today.

I don't bother to ask her.

"Make sure yuh ready fi school enuh cas everyday yuh walk in a Holland anytime yuh please," I say, looking back at the screen.

Pinky laughs.

"Mr. Ellis nah joke wid wi enuh so mi a hurry up this mawning," she answers.

She better.

I smile looking up when my mother walks out of her room.

"Watch mi gyal," she says then she tells me to stand up so that she can see me better.

I get off the stool, resting my hand on my waist as her eyes roams me.

"You look nice," she hugs me and I kiss her cheeks.

"Thanks mommy," I smile.

"Beg yuh some a dat nuh," we turn around laughing at Aisha's jealousy.

"You used to get this alone enuh before Taj and Tyrell come in a the picture," mommy tells her.