62. "Joker & Harley"✔️

T A J R O M A Eᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

"Weh unuh stand up fa? Unuh gwaan run!" Zahir shouts then as he leans over to pick me up I hear POW!

Then he pulls me up.

Run now gyal!

And I do just that.

The cold wind fans my face harshly, whipping my hair side to side as we sprint down the road to catch up our friends.

"Try nuh drop again enuh," Zahir warns. His voice so breathy and tantalizing.

Not the time sis. Not the time.

"Yaw smile so?" he ask then I hear the car closer. I look over my shoulder to see the police car behind us. Again.

What a New Years dilemma.

"Dem a come!" I gasp.

"Nuh watch dat," he assures me and quickly lead me through a narrow space. Leaving them with no choice but to get out and chase us.

"We almost reach a mi yard," Kasi says to us excitedly.

"Which way dem go?" I hear one of the police asking furiously. "A some idlers enuh."

"Nuh me and you deh yasso?" Another one ask. "And a that's why yuh fi lef dem alone. Probably all some pitney."

"Eeeh," a third one agrees.

"One have a gun and the one mi nearly shoot in a the hoodie look like a killa. A nuh pitney that," the first one hisses.

I look at Zahir.

He's smiling and I have no choice but to smile too. We're like the Jamaican version of Joker and Harley Quinn.

I can't say any better.

"Kasi a so far your house deh?" Rushawn is frustrated. Maybe his foot h-

POW!

He ducks instantaneously and the bullet hits the wall close to him.

POW!

It grazes Aniya and of course she starts crying.

This gets Zahir furious.

He quickly pushes me and the other girls to the side, pulls out his gun, cocks it and starts firing at the police officers.

Lawd Jesus!