56. "I Already Know"✔️

Trigger warning for stuff mentioned in this chapter⚠️

Z A H I R
ᴢᴀʜɪʀ

"Mi call O' Brian and nobody nuh see you a none a the properties enuh. So which part yuh deh ombré?" Nick ask coldly.

"Mi deh a mi ooman," I retort. She's across from me with her eyes focused on the iron board.

The line goes silent. I can't place if he's approved of this or not-probably not.

Taj hands me the neatly pressed shirt and I slide my hands through the sleeves, switching the phone to my next hand.

"Thanks," I mouth then I focus back on the call. He's still awfully quiet.

"Mi Gov, just a get ready fi school," I add. He's still silent-in deep thoughts. I know him too well.

He found out about the situation at our house through Mason and warned me about Ms. Andria. He said that she changed too quickly for someone who was so pressed by us together.

I thought about that too.

But I feel like she's just afraid of losing her daughter. I don't see her doing anything dumb. Besides, what's there for her to do?

Kill me?

I don't eat from her and her daughter slept next to me-there's no way she could hurt me. And I highly doubt she's thinking of that.

"The same yard weh the mother nuh 3 rate yuh?" he ask in a knowing tone.

"Nuh trust har enuh, so watch weh yaw do. Yuh zi mi?" he's serious.

I glance at Taj and thank the heavens she isn't hearing my father. She steps in her skirt, pull up her zip and face the mirror.

Peep how muma thick up?

Maybe it's a little me? Or it's just backshots. I'm sticking with the former.

"Yeah everything Gov though," I say in hopes to lessen his suspicions on Ms. Andria. Though I'm distracted.

Har daughter have yuh head dawg.

"Careful," he breathes before he ask me if I'm straight. After our talk, I rest the phone on the bed and stand behind Taj and grab her ass.

I had to.

"Yuh like this hairstyle?" she ask. Her lips...glossy and attractive.