59. "Everyday Is Christmas"✔️

Dec 25th
Sunday, 9:08 am

T A J R O M A Eᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

I swear Andria graduated with first class honors in disappointing people.

Cause a wah dis fa?

Earlier when I was at Zahir's house I called and ask her if I could accompany Zahir to his family's Christmas dinner and she said yes.

Now that I'm here it's a different story.

"Mommy, Zahir a go disappointed enuh. Cause mi done tell him yes," I'm so pissed. Because why is she like this?

All of a sudden, she just want to go to country.

"So you nuh miss you granny?" she ask and I smile in disbelief at this stranger I call my mother.

I don't even talk to that woman. But sadly, Andria wouldn't know that because she was barely involved in my life.

She was all about her shop and keeping me away from the community cruffs-so I wouldn't disgrace her with a belly.

But that's not the point right now. It's the fact that she's persuading me to go to country knowing that I already agreed to go with Zahir.

"Mi nuh miss Jenny," I say with an attitude and she cocks an eyebrow at me.

Mind she box yuh over.

"So wah bout yuh pah?" is her next question and I sigh heavily. She drops her hands to her hips with her eyes fixed on me.

"Anuh like mi nuh miss mi family enuh a just that mi ask you bout the dinner and you say yes. Now Zahir a look forward fi me come. Only fi go hear this," I argue.

"Well a this morning Vinette call me," she says and I shake my head with a laugh.

She continues to amaze me.

"You and Vinette talk now?" I ask with my eyes narrowed, feeling so disappointed.

After all that she has done?

"Mi fi malice people fi ever? A family. We cyaa live so cause life short," is her response.

I don't care about that family must live good bullshit. Not all the time and not all of them deserves a word from you. They'll do you dirty. Even worst than a stranger would.

"Anuh every family deserve fi have relationship with you," I tell her and hear Aisha shouting 'A true' from her room.

"Well whatever. Just go get ready,"Mommy says in a careless tone.

I hiss and slump down in the sofa with my arms crossed under my breast. Then my furious eyes lands on 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory' that Ocean is watching.