43. "Red Hills"✔️

Who's early?
Nov 4th
Friday, 4:30 pm.

Who's early?Nov 4thFriday, 4:30 pm

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

Ocean's eyes gleams as he watches me wrap the hand towel roll with blue foiled paper. I went to school, ran errands and made my final stop at the Pharmacy.

I bought a pregnancy test and saw that they sold stationeries so I grabbed the blue foil paper and just kill two birds with one stone.

It saved me from going to the bookstore.

My muscles are aching and my legs are another story..

I swear today drained me..

No let me show you how it's done..

Hm-hm-mhm...today drained me, the girl in my head shakes her head and let out a frustrated sigh.

She's too much for me to handle.

My focus averts to Ocean who is beaming with excitement.

"It looks so good already!" he gets off the sofa, jump around and sits beside me again.

I laugh at his excitement and hold it up.

"Yuh teacher affi give yuh 100% when she see this," I say feeling pleased with the outcome already. It's his project to make a baton for Physical Education.

I remembered vividly when I was given this same project in 7 Grade.

Now look at Ocean being a Grade 5 student and already getting it.

"Yessir!" he exclaims.

"Ocean keep it down," his father says from the sofa across from us. He's so chill, I didn't even remember he was there.

Ocean looks at me and starts whispering.

"She marks so hard, she always says there's room for improvement," he says mockingly in a squeaky woman voice.

Why did a rat come in my mind?

I laugh out and immediately remember Mason. The man just talk enuh..

My eyes finds him and I smile apologetically.

The fact that he's already looking at me is a clear indication that he's annoyed by me. Y'know what? Mek mi shut up mi mouth.