33. Who Is He?✔️

T A J R O M A E ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

Church couldn't miss me this morning.

Yuh crazy?

After that dreadful dilemma, I put on my most appropriate dress and wheel my ass to the Church closest to us. Though it was empty since our generation is sadly lost. I left feeling somewhat better.

"A you a cook Sunday dinner this evening?" Tony ask from the front of the car.

It takes me a few seconds to realize he's talking to me.

"Nosah a mommy always cook Sunday dinner," I tell him. "She always say a me affi cook my Sunday dinner," I laugh.

The only thing she allows us to do is grater the coconut, soak her peas, season the meat or make the juice.

Nuhn else.

"Weh yaw say nobody else nuh allowed round eh stove pan Sunday?" Tony is still laughing.

"Nosah a just mommy," I smile.

He nods his head.

"A so some woman take dem Sunday dinner serious mon," Tony smiles then his face softens.

He seems to remember something that brings sadness to him.

"A so mi ooman would a gwaan too enuh. She would a always cook up nice dinner fi me and blend up some carrot juice or beetroot," he says in a nostalgic tone.

I sigh.

He's always bringing her up in conversations so I'm assuming he really loves and miss her.

Mi really hope things work out better for him.

He's a good man.

"So yuh nuh cook?" I ask in hopes to lighten the sudden glum energy that's enveloping the car.

He nods with a cheeky smile.

"How yuh mean m-" he was saying but someone shouts him.

"Tony!" The voice isn't familiar but it reminds me of Zahir's.

Speaking of him.

What a way him would a call yuh later...

Dat mi a say too.

All now him nuh call and say 'Dawg. Breath still a blow in a yuh body?'

...yuh heart still a beat?

Nuhn.

But it's alright.

"If you a come. Fawud nuh," Tony says to the person. I scoot over to the door for the person who's joining us.

The footsteps comes closer and Tony prolongs the conversation with the person.

"Weh yaw do a Norbrook?" he ask and I open my phone for no reason in particular.