44. "Dare Devil"✔️

T A J R O M A Eᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

Have you ever been forced to do something you know is a bad idea but you do anyways because you have no choice?

I'm sure you've experienced it at least once in your life. It's heart wrenching and literally the worst thing ever.

My mother is staring at me with her hand resting on her hips; impatiently waiting for him to pick up.

What is she going to do when he answers?

Curse him out? Talk to him?

For some reason I don't feel like it's the latter and I'm no idiot to believe that either. I mean, I wish she'd surprise me but I know how she is.

The sound of the phone dialing is driving me nuts. It makes me forget about the gnawing pain in my abdomen.

My heart leaps when the phone goes to voicemail. Thank God.

She breathes out but stays silent.

"Mi nah get him," I tell her without attempting again.

I can't bring myself to.

Because I feel like he's going to pick up on the next try.

Mi just a get a bad feeling bout all a dis.

And I really wouldn't want him to answer because I know how Zahir is.

I know how bad his temper is and I honestly can't imagine a good turn out if they were to have a conversation.

...or an encounter.

I'm trying my best to be in a buoyant mood despite the situation. But honestly I just can't see this ending well when it's two hot heads who clearly doesn't know how to mince their words.

"Call him again!" she shouts.

I don't have a choice but to dial his number again and pray he's nowhere near his phone.

But to my dismay I hear his husky voice.

"Babe.." why him affi say this?!

I forgot to mention that Andria demanded I call him with the phone on speaker.

"Hm," she snorts and mutters something indistinctly while shaking her head.

I avoid looking at her and stare at the call timer as it counts incessantly.

I have so many things to say but I'm tongue tied.

"Taj?" he tries again. "You always love call and nuh talk...wah gwaan?"

"TAJ ROMAE YUH NAV NUH MOUTH AGAIN!?" Mommy shouts and a wave of embarrassment rushes through me.

"Jah know...suhm happen?" his voice low. "Yuh good?" the concern in his voice is heartwarming..