79. "She Could Be..?"✔️

Z  A  H   I  Rᴢᴀʜɪʀ

Z A H I R
ᴢᴀʜɪʀ

"I know you're here for your father but he's in a meeting," Adanna says from behind her desk in her rich Nigerian accent.

"But.." I heave a sigh, feeling like my whole world is crashing down on me.

Shit.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Her eyebrows shoots up. I nod and glance at the door, desperate to see my father.

"You're not okay," she says solicitously and stands to her feet with her eyebrows lowered and her chocolate eyes softened.

I shake my head.

"Your mom is also apart of the meeting. I'll see if they're open for an interval," she walks to the door, knocks it quietly before she walks inside.

I sit on the chair feeling on edge while fighting back my tears.

My eyes doesn't leave the door.

Then it opens and Adanna walks out. Followed by two Asian business men. I stand and Adanna flashes a smile at me.

"You can go inside," she tells me and I take a deep breath, pull the door and step in the wintry modern office.

As I close the door I feel their eyes burning through me. I breathe and meet their intense gaze. Especially my father's.

"Good morning," I greet my parents, wondering where I should start.

Mommy responds.

"Why you nuh deh a school? A 9:30," my father checks his rolex and says in a tone much colder than his office.

"Mi need you help cause dem say Taj missing," I get out and the room remains in a painful silence.

"Please," I add before I look down, feeling awkward.

Feel yuh pain Chargie.

My eyes turns to my mother and she looks like she's staring at a ghost. "Oh My God you sure?" she ask before she scampers towards the balcony with her phone.

My eyes finds back my father.

He's impassive.

"Mi know mi did fi apologize bout disrespecting you but it was so hard. I'm sorry about it. But right now mi really need your help and you're the only person that can help," I say, meeting his frigid eyes.