23. "An Upgrade"✔️

T A J R O M A E ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

Once I open my eyes, I look around the room and everything is in motion. From my bed, to the closet, to the dresser and the windows.

What time is it?

I pat the bed until I find my phone at the edge.

4:58am

Wah?

With a heavy sigh I slap my palm to my forehead, fluttering my eyes close as the throbbing pain strikes the left side of my head.

A queasy feeling builds up in my stomach.

I swing my legs off the bed, landing in my slides then sprint to the bathroom.

As soon as I throw up I step back and trip over something.

No.

Someone.

My heartbeat accelerates as my eyes widens in the darkness.

"AISHA!"

I shake her and she doesn't respond.

No, no, no, no, no.

Don't panic Taj.

"Aisha wake up nuh," I slap her cheeks then scramble to my feet, click the switch then run back to her.

Check her pulse!

Feeling her pulse didn't do anything but worsen my anxiety. It's abnormally weak to the point where I can barely feel it. That's if I even feel it.

I decide to run to my mother's room.

When I do, I swing the door and run towards her bed.

"Mommy!" I shake her frantically.

Thankfully she's a light sleeper so waking her wasn't difficult.

She raises up quickly with her eyebrows pulled together, lips slightly parted.

"A wahm?"

"Mommy come Aisha drop down in a the bathroom," I gesture her up.

"Laad Jesus Christ," she rolls off the bed, dashes through the door then shouts. "Go call Mason!"