70. "New Lingo?"✔️

Chapter was too long. So I split it, if I finish the next one now I'll double update.

 So I split it, if I finish the next one now I'll double update

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

I can't believe he thinks so lowly of me to really open his mouth and say that to me. How can he say that I'm no longer interested in him? And I'm probably entertaining someone else?

"Really Zahir?!" I raise my voice, not caring about the persons behind me. I'm just pissed to say the least.

"A me and you a talk enuh, not you and dem," his voice is laced with rancor. His demeanor calm and that's what makes him even more ominous.

I lower my tone.

"Okay. But how you fi think that?" I ask in a calm tone.

"You shouldn't give me the reason fi think that. A your fault mek mi a pree say maybe yuh have a man cause mi just cyaa wrap mi head round the fact say yaw diss me, now that yuh have all this. You'd be just like.." he stops himself.

Was he going to say I'm just like my mother?

"Say it," I roll my neck.

"Wahm wid unuh?" Mommy ask as she approaches us with her hands resting on her hips. Her voice tinged with attitude.

Zahir takes a drag from his vape, exhales it with cold eyes set on her. It brings me back to their argument.

He's unfazed, just staring at her.

'Taj make it stop, make it stop!' my subconscious begs me.

"We just a have a disagreement mommy," I say and her attention averts to me.

Whew. That was tense.

"Okay. Anything unuh a go through just know say nothing beats communication. Mi a nuh the best advisor because of my situation obviously.." her smile melancholic. "But I know a little thing here and there."

Zahir exhales again and nod with his face covered in smoke.

"I love you. Mi just a try to get my life on track," I say as soon as she leaves.

Immediately I regret opening my mouth with the look that he gives me.

"Foolishness yaw chat. Mi been with you, been know you dream and a work with you fi make dem a reality. How yuh get all a this now and a say yaw get yuh life on track? Isn't this already setting your life on track?" he ask frigidly.