11. "New or Not"✔️

I did not proofread
Reminding you to vote❤️

I did not proofreadReminding you to vote❤️

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

"Taj why do you have a mean mug?" Ocean ask from the door. He's just getting home with Aisha.

"Yeah a wahm?" she puts down a Burger King bag in my lap as she plops down beside me.

With a shrug I say, "Nothing."

Feeling conscious of the male voices I'm hearing on the porch I drop my legs from the hassock they were resting on, before I focus on the bag on my lap.

Inside is a chicken burger, fries, ketchup and a folded receipt.

The receipt never affi mention.

My eyes finds back Aisha and as I began to thank her she interrupts me.

"Wahm to yuh?" she repeats as she stares at me intently. Her eyebrows are pulled together with her lips drawn back.

"Mi just nuh like the school," I say quietly then my eyes finds Ocean when he chimes in.

"Did they bully you?" his eyebrows are furrowed and I shake my head no.

Bully who?

Dem mussy wah mi start havoc ova dat.

Anyways.

"The environment nice a just the Pitney dem mi nuh like," I say as my mind runs on him.

"When yo new a school it always feel so yuh soon get round wid dem mon," she says.

Get round with who?

Kiss mi teeth.

All wah gwaan a one person 'the pitney' dem direct to enuh.

Yes.

Aisha looks away when mommy walks out of the bathroom with a newspaper in her hand.

It's obvious she was on the toilet.

Typical Andria.

She cyaa use it if she nuh have something fi read or watch. If it's not a newspaper or a book she watches Aunty Donna's live or she watch Queenie a mad ova Dewy and bawl out har throat hole.

Recently though she started watching Andre Stephens fi the current mix up dem.

She smiles widening her already bright eyes. "A when yuh reach?"

"Likkle while now," Aisha retorts then my mother bends over before she burst out in laughter.

Mommy a drama enuh.

She raises up her upper body again as she says, "The way how me deh pan the toilet and a enjoy the likkle newspaper mi not even hear the door pull."

We laugh.