36. "Old Flame"✔️

T A J R O M A E ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

I stand to the side as Aisha socialize with her friend Jerky in the shop-he's the chef here; known for his sizzling jerk chicken and his chicken and chips.

"Him cook too?"I ask Ocean and he looks away from the bulky man who's entertaining the men on the outside. Bay killa dem deh.

"Yeah sometimes," he responds.

I look away when my eyes meets with the man. Jeez.

Like you never look away fast enough.

"Browning," he says and I shift my attention to Aisha's conversation.

"Which part a the meat you like?"Jerky ask Aisha with a smile. He has been doing that a lot since we got here. I wonder if it's because of Aisha.

...could be enuh.

"Mi love the wing and the leg,"she retorts before she looks over at us. "Unuh good?"

"Yeah," we say in unison and Jerky takes out our fries from the deep fry before he takes out boxes too.

The man is still calling me but I pretend like I'm playing music even though the ear pods in my ears are dead and I'm hearing everything clearly.

The ventilation in the shop is another story. How mi nuh drop dung yet? The small shop is overpacked with mostly students who has money in their hand; waiting to make their orders.

My eyes finds the fan on the wall and I hiss to myself. Better dem turn that off.

"You want cheese or mayo?" Aisha ask. Her friend is looking too as they wait for our response. I hate mayonnaise.

"No ketchup?" I ask sounding disappointed.

"Yeah mon ketchup is a muss, mi just did want know if you want cheese or mayo," Jerky retorts. Ohh okay.

"Cheese and Ketchup," I say and Ocean says the same thing. I look down at him and he smiles guiltily. This child.

...yuh think him easy?

"You just always want to be my twin in everything huh?" I ask with a radiant smile. He's smiling with his eyes on everything but me. Watch him a blush.

"Yes," he answers. "You always choose nice things." he finally meets my gaze.

My cheeks are hurting because he has me beaming non stop.

"Aww," I smile and look up to see the men outside staring at me. Dem man ya bold essi.

"A you likkle bredda?" Another one ask with his red hoodie pulled over his head.

Him look like mi see him pon Jcf page wanted enuh.

...dat couldn't good.

"My nephew," I say and turn my back so that he doesn't prolong the conversation.